1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Streaming UK TV

Discussion in 'Software' started by cgw1123, 9 Apr 2009.

1. cgw1123

cgw1123 What's a Dremel?

For anybody that is interested in watching UK TV from other countries you might want to consider Dual Viewer.
    I am an expat and have been looking for a good way to watch my UK channels here in Spain. This software lets you stream the channels to your PC no matter what country you are in.
    I am still using the 24 hour trial, and am trying to decide if I should buy or not.
    Has anybody else tried this software? Or alternatives?
    I am a little weary of using public proxy servers..

The website is Dual Viewer

If anybody has tried this or something similar could you tell me about your experience, other options, ect.

-Steve

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Doesn't this go against TV licenses though? Seeming as BBC gains its fundings from TV licenses and any place that streams the Programme live (Like the program that is running). I was looking at seeing if Slingbox's were legal to use at Uni for a year and you can't. Although the laws on this sort of thing are very vague.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

According to the FAQ, they say it's not. It's a definite grey area though.

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Oh I see. It's not Live TV it broadcasts but just the On Demand services, no that isn't illegal against the TV license fee's.

5. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

OR! what you do is log onto the following website...

http://www.vpngates.com

select a UK server and bingo-rogers-your-mothers-brother-bang-wallop you have access to certain visual experiances.

oh. and you didnt hear it from me.... remember children "its all in the database" ! :worried:

6. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Sounds quite expensive if you are permamently out of the country, as the other is a lifetime license.

7. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

$15.99 a month isnt too much but then i dont exclusivly use the VPN to watch UK television. Its mainly used to get arround the annoyingly tight firewalls in the office and country which i happen to be working in.

But watching the BBC was a factor in choosing a UK server for my VPN instead of a US or German based server.