1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Stuttering and Crashing Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by façade, 12 Apr 2010.

1. façade

façade What's a Dremel?

I'm still having problems with my pc. I've been getting stuttering and crashes in source engine games, as well as in bad company 2. By stuttering I mean that the fps is fine, but I seem to be missing frames when moving.

This issue is obvious in TF2, I've been stuttering and have had 2 crashes recently. The stuttering has been occuring for a month or so now, but it seems to vary in its severity. Recently, the game has crashed twice.

Here is a video of the issue, which doesn't make it clear but you can see the kind of thing that's happening at 0:15. Also included in this video is what I presume to be a tf2 bug, I was not moving in the vertical direction unless I jumped, but I don't think this is a problem my side. Below this is a picture of windows resource monitor while I was taking the video, not sure if this is any help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANZfWoc_mw
    [​IMG]

I've also had a blue screen crash in half life:source, and I think the error message was something to do with memory management.

I'm leaning towards this being a hardware problem, but I'm not sure what in particular. Any help would be great.

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Whats your system spec's?

3. façade

façade What's a Dremel?

ATI 5850
    Intel i5 @2.67 ghz
    4gb DDR3 RAM
    ASUS P7P55D Motherboard
    1TB Samsung T3 Hard Drive
    650W Corsair PSU
    Windows 7 Professional

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

It could be a bunch of reasons:
    - Does the audio stutter? It may be an audio issue. Reinstall your audio drivers.
    - Also, if you think it may be memory, why don't you run a MemTest+? If there are bad addresses, just block them. If it's too bad, replace your memory.
    - What about GPU temperature? Is it high? If so, how about applying some thermal compound? Arctic Cooling MX-2 or MX-3 (preferred) is the way to go.