1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Sub £1,100 Gaming rig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Poulter, 24 Mar 2013.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

No worries :)

Case wise it's a personal choice, what you think looks good etc, have a browse on somewhere like scan and post what you like, if any are truly terrible for cooling we'll let you know.

2. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

3. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

I also might need to cut the build back a bit, so by not buying a cpu cooler, using the stock one, and not overclocking quite yet, is there other ways, cheaper monitor etc to save a bit, maybe take it down to £950?

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Do you want IPS panel or TN panel?

5. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

I'd rather have an IPS monitor, heard great things about their quality, while some of them aren't bad for gaming either :D

6. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Well, that monitor I listed is the cheapest yo will get for an IPS Monitor. Which shares the same panel as the Dell U2312HM.

To bring the price done, look at a cheaper Z77 ATX board, You should get a half decent one for £100. That and with no cooler, will bring the price down £100~

Next thing would be looking at a cheaper CPU, but then you are starting to cut corners, and performance.

7. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

That's exactly what i was thinking, with the gigabyte motherboard that i suggested to begin with it brings the price down, and the reviews seem pretty good for it. Also was thinking the Zalman z11+ or z9+ as the features seem pretty good for a 50 quid case? Which again saves another 50, but hopefully doesn't make everything overheat :p

8. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

Hey so i'm now stuck on a case, which one of the 4 above, or any others would be a bit cheaper than the one i originally posted, but still has a good cooling ability?

9. Psyance

Psyance What's a Dremel?

10. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

11. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

12. Psyance

Psyance What's a Dremel?

Looks a nice build, do you require an optical drive? Don't remember when I last used mine, I would also maybe add a couple of nice fans to fill any spaces in the case.
    What about a heatsink for the CPU, even if you don't overclock it will reduce the temps under load further than the stock one.

13. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

Yeah the optical drive i'm not so sure about, as far as downloading the drivers etc? Plus I'd need a way of getting my windows onto it. Yeah as far as the heatsink/fans go i would have to wait for more monies till i could upgrade them, but as far as it is now, do you think the cooling would be alright?

14. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

15. Psyance

Psyance What's a Dremel?

As said above, get the free shipping which will save you nearly £20.
    I personally would not use the stock intel cooler, even if I wasn't overclocking, at the lower price range I'd look to get either

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/ther...-m-bw-lga-2011-1366-1155-775-and-amd-heatsink Which has just won a custom pc premium award

Or the good old freezer

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/arct...155-1156-1366-amd-939-am2-am2plus-am3-am3plus

But it really is upto you. If you plan on overclocking then an aftermarket HSF is a must.

16. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

You can also save a little bit of money by doing your order in two separate orders order the motherboard with the scansure and the rest in a separate order without, both will still get free shipping.

17. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

18. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

Awesome, have added a cooler, and changed the SSD... the last thing i have to choose is the case still, i still like the zalman z9+, but does anyone have anything better for around the same price?

19. Poulter

Poulter What's a Dremel?

Any Opinions on the above case? Thinking of placing the order on the 16th, so need to make sure everything is perfect, will post the build after just to make sure :D