1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Sub £100 speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dave_salmon, 1 Oct 2011.

1. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

I'm not after the sort of thing you'd find in the window of Richer sounds. I'll say that first.

My last set of speakers were Logitech Z10's which I was happy with but the screen used to get insanely hot and stopped responding to touch input and they ended up just wearing out and dying one day.

I'm not in line to spend more than £100.

Not enough room for a 5.1 system or a system with anything big and boxy like a sub.

I indulge in the following activities:
    Gaming
    Listening to music
    Watching films/Tv
    Touch of video and audio editing

Bit-tech's current lot on the reviews pages seem to be either "Yeah, these are crap" or "TOTALLY AWESOME....but they cost £450".

I've had a peak at these - Thoughts?

Last edited: 1 Oct 2011
  2. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

I've had the original t20s for a good few years now and noe complaints. Not sure how much better the newer ones and t40s are, but I imagine jjust a bit louder/better bass due to the port.

I'm only just gettingsome logitech x-540s to replace them because I want 5.1, but I would definately go with the creative over 2.1s. plenty of bass for music unless you think louder bass means better.

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Maybe Logitech Z4s, I have them and they are great

4. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

I have the T40's and for general 2.0 PC speakers in that price range they are pretty good and I'd recommend. What kind of audio editing? as you may be better off finding a pair of powered monitors for a flatter response (though probably not in your price range).

5. sb1991

sb1991 What's a Dremel?

Perhaps the M-Audio Studiophile AV40s would work? I can't say I've listened to them myself, but they should be better than most in this price range when it comes to audio editing. Tom's Hardware seem to think fairly highly of them at any rate, though if the last sentence is anything to go by, they can't have tested many speakers:

6. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

JBL Creature 2's? I'm on my phone, so can't link, sorry. My mate has a pair of these. Seem like a good buy at the £69 he paid for them. Look pretty cool too (subjective).

7. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

bump, im in the market as well. Has anyone got the AV40's, just read the reviews on amazon and everyone is pretty chuffed with them.

8. Destructive

Destructive What's a Dremel?

Got a pair of these myself. They are pretty good, if a bit lacking in mid ranges in my experience.