1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suck or Blow???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tim S, 16 Nov 2001.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

Scuse the dodgy subject of the threat, but what I really mean is which is the best way to fit your fan on an ALPHA PAL8045???

Should the fan be blowing cold air onto the heatsink, or sucking the hot air out???

Cheers biggie

2. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

I don't know if there is a definative answer, but I did see something recently that said that blowing is best (but I cant remember where I saw it).

I Blooooowwww.:p :p :rolleyes:

3. K

K 528491

Why not just try both ways to see what gives your system the best cooling?? It seems to vary a fair bit on the 8045...

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'll have to see when I take me case apart on sunday... (doing the BLOO orbs this weekend, so I'll have the case in BiTz :D

Cheers,

Biggie

OT: My 100th post :cool: ;)

5. K

K 528491

Hmmmm BLOO :D :D

Mine's BLOOER though, believe me, lol :)

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

I bet you mines gonna look BLOOER and more |337 than yours :p, Ive got some Tt BLOO Heatsinks going on the back of my Grafix card too, to protect that precious RAM on there :D

If I get bored I'll start the paint job on it too... guess what, thats gonna be a Metallic BLOO too :D

Biggie :cool: n BLOO lol

7. K

K 528491

Oh ya reckon do ya? lol, bring it on! :D :D

BLOO Chieftec Dragon Case
    BLOO Abit KT7-E
    BLOO Hercules Prophet II Ultra
    BLOO Hercules Muse XL Soundcard
    BLOO Netgear NiC
    GR33N Realtek NiC (for my Cable Modem so I can't change w/o re-registering MAC Address, lol)
    BLOO Rounded Cables Everywhere!
    BLOO Liquid Neon (Gettin rid of this tho...)
    BLOO Regular sized CC
    UV Regular sized CC
    BLOO Mini CC (For front grill)
    BLOO LEDs (of course!)
    BLOO UV 60mm YS-Tech on SK6
    YELL0W Sunon 80mm's (2 of em)
    GR33N Sunon 80mm
    BLAC|< Thermaltake 80m.... Maybe I should change that, lol
    CLEAR Enermax 120mm (2 of em)

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

ROFLMFAO!!!

LOLOLOLOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok you win... FOR THE MOMENT... but be warned :D

Biggie

9. K

K 528491

Hehe, thankya sir :D

I'm watchin to see how yours turns out though now, I only need the CCs and LEDs for mine and it should be all done :D

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

I think I'm gonna have to paint me ALPHA PAL8045 with some BLOO paint, is the paint they use a special type? infact is it painted?? lol

then errrr..... I'ill get rid of the green elsa heatsinks and turn em BLOO the netgear network card is gonna have to be removed so I can do a BLOO LED mod on that, and have the LEDs going to the front of the case.... as for the fans, I think Ill turn em into BLOO glowy fans with two LEDs in each one, so it looks like a BLOO circle of light, infact most things are gonna be BLOO, I spose I just like BLOO :D :cool:

Biggie

EDIT: I may even go as far as changing the LED in my monitor and speaker switch :D it really depends how BLOO I wanna go I spose :p ;)

Last edited: 16 Nov 2001
  11. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

I had a 45 CFM YStech on my PAL8045, and that sucked (air...it's a perfectly good fan...). I replaced it with a 53CFM Mechatronics, which blows (I couldn't be bothered to change around the YStech), and my temps dropped 4-5C, and the system became a lot more stable. I doubt that much difference is purely attributable to the extra 8CFM, so I decided that blowing into the heatsink is best. I just did a friend's machine, with a PAL8045 and a delta (the mad fool), and that's blowing in, and his TBird idles now at 38C (at 1600MHz), with case temp at 28C. Impressive (although I did install extra washers on the spring screws...the pressure in my system isn't high enough with only two washers per screw, so, as he has the same mobo (KT7A), I put 3 on each screw in his machine.

12. K

K 528491

Lol! Had me laughing away to meself :D :D :D