1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggested memory and spec check?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Echo, 12 Jan 2007.

1. Echo

Echo What's a Dremel?

Hey all, following my provious post I thought in a new thread I'd post the spec I was going to use, due to coming into another 7800gt cheap.

I would like to upgrade to an 8800GTX in the future, but that'll have to wait 6 months.. for now I'd just like to overclock what I've got..

so, please read through and point out any mistakes/compatability issues, and thanks loads! :thumb:

Intel E6400 with Arctic cooling freezer 7 Pro
    ASUS P5N-E SLi
    2X MSI 7800GT in SLi
    Seasonic S12-600w
    Samsung Spinpoint P120s 200Gb

And 2 gig of memory... not too expensive, but not the cheapest junk... I'd just like a good set of 1gig modules that will work well with my setup, but not break the wallet.. :p

2. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

You could look into getting some G-Skill memory, they usually have cheap prices and good overclocking ram. If your going to overclock then your looking for DDR2800 of some kind since you don't want to spend to much.

3. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Or better value for money and stilll good for oc'ing, any 6400 stuff (corsair xm2, dominator, ocz equiv etc) There is more cas4 stuff around at that speed with tighter timings than the 8000 stuff.

4. Echo

Echo What's a Dremel?

I want to run the E6400 at 3ghz or just over.. So firstly is the motherboard the best choice? And secondly there are several G-?Skill memory 2gig kits out, and I'm not sure which ones I'm looking for..

thnaks again!