Modding Suitcase Modding

Discussion in 'Modding' started by robotguy9000, 2 Jul 2004.

1. stoned penguin

stoned penguin What's a Dremel?

^^^^better idea :thumb:

2. robotguy9000

robotguy9000 What's a Dremel?

yeah, the reflective stuff is a good idea...

not quite as high-tech though :sigh:

or i have two even better ideas!!!

make the suitcase out of mirrors!

bring it as carry on!

3. stoned penguin

stoned penguin What's a Dremel?

lmao
    a mirrored carry on briefcase, thats gonna piss off quite a few

4. robotguy9000

HAHA

remember in meet the parents when he tries to shove his suitcase in the overhead bin?!?!?!? if you tried to do that with your mirrored briefcase you could just chuck it at the flight attendant!!!! :D

haha

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

200dB is a little much... I mean a jet taking off at like 50 feet away is around 160dB. That would probably blow something up.

Personally, a HUGE label (flashing LEDs?) would probably work better.

Still an interesting idea, even if security wouldn't let it go by.

6. robotguy9000

lol, i was kidding about the siren, people might freak out and old geezers might have a heart attacks.... :lol:

i'm going to look into this wireless switch stuf.....

7. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

well i know that some airports are very well lit and seeing more lights would make it difficult. i think that the EL strip is the best idea you would just have to make sure that your wiring is sound, don't want your clothes to go up in smoke :duh:. as for the airport people i think that they might not care if a person is doing something stupid after thry get off a plane. they are only anal about stuff before you leave. you would jsut want to be sure not to flash the remote thing before you got on the plane. other than that it is a pretty spiffy idea! :thumb:

8. darkhunter

darkhunter What's a Dremel?

A airport security is always anal to me (probaly because i fly form michigan to DC to new york a lot) no matter where or when i are
    mabye if you painted it bright pink youd be able to find it and if u gonna do el wire make batt and inverter put an old cd player shell over that if you gonna make it rf mabye.a shell that looks like a palm or sometine if inferred have ur palm turn it on

9. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

i dont think its a good idea to mask your switch with a cd player case. really dude, what do you think security is going to do when they open up your bag, move stuff around, and realize the cd player is hardwired to a wire on the suitcase that disappears somewhere. you people need to get real, honestly

if you want to see your suitcase either put a normal tag on it or reflective tape. putting any kind of switch device is not very intelligent, because if they find it, you could be in deep, and even if they let you go, you could've just missed your flight

10. robotguy9000

ok, i got a patent on it! yay! one of my dad's friends helped me get it....

maybe ill start robot's lighted suitcases inc. hahah :D

11. theagent

how long ago did you apply for a patent?

12. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

why dont you make it work via infra-red? that way.. you will only set it off where you can see it... and as well as that airport security wont have a problem with it as you wont be able to set it off in the hold in an aircraft :D

13. theagent

i think you all assume airport security workers are all very intelligent. most of them probably wouldnt know what they were looking at, and even if you told them it was infrared, they would still be likely to assume it was dangerous

14. Goldfish

Goldfish What's a Dremel?

Well... any kind of "electrical device" is going attract attention in an airport. if you made a very small sheilded box with a few bright LEDs in it, and an IR reciver on it, that might attract less attention.

But then again, it might attract more attention ("ooh its a box that we cant see inside, LETS TRY AND DEFUSE IT!!" and splat goes your luggage).

A dilema to be sure. Good idea, but difficult practically. :)

15. liuh

liuh What's a Dremel?

i agree with everyone else, sounds like trouble.

Situation: You pull out your lil remote thing, someone near you (a security personel) sees it, goes for their gun and tackles you to the ground. You try to explain to him it's only a remote to trigger a device in your luggage to make a bright yellow light for you to ID your luggage easier. So you show him, you press the button, your luggage starts glowing, he hits the deck, thinking its a bomb, by now theres 4-5 other security guys around you, and now you are in some deep deep trouble.

I dont think its worth it, just put some funny stickers on your luggage or spraypaint a massive smileyface on it. who knows.

Good luck with your patented product! ;)

16. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

Here's what I could do. I have a bright orange suitcase. I can buy a little keychain flashlight, gut it, put UV leds in it, and wave it around until I see that glowing suitcase. Then again, if you're not one for neon luggage, you could just paint it with colorless uv paint (you only see the color when it's glowing).

17. theagent

i think the bright orange suitcase is obvious enough...

18. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

Yeah, I should've reworded that. I meant to say that "I have an orange suitcase, but if you're not onw for neon luggage, you could*"

19. Goldfish

Goldfish What's a Dremel?

Y'know what would be better? one of those keychains that beeps when you whistle... and that just flashes in a pocket on the outside of the bag. That way you have no-remote, no dodgey looking wires floating around in your suitcase AND it would be compact. Just mod the thing so its got some brighter LEDs in it and maybe a bigger battery.

One slight drawback it tends to be rather noisy in airports, so it might not work. Its an idea though :)