1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Sunday Stupid Thread: Garish cases.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 13 Mar 2016.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

One man's garish is another man's beauty. I for one hate black cases, I want colour, pizzaz, bling.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I quite liked it when the more garish your computer was the better. When people would like, "out gare" one another :D I still get a good LOL at those cases that purported to be juke boxes, complete with faux bubbly plastic making it look like they had water in them :D

I think the best thing I ever saw though was a PC I built for my mate. It must have been about, oo, 2004? (that's by no means accurate). Any way, Lian Li came up with a side panel for one of their PCs which was like a large 2" deep plastic bubble which you filled with coloured grit, water and plastic fish. It then had a pump that you connected in that made bubbles come through the grit and the fish bob up and down. It was just so acebest.

That was the first and only "proper" water cooled PC I have ever built. IIRC it was made by KingWin? something like that (the water cooling kit itself like).It used that stretchy medical tubing. It was also the first major mod I did, because the actual case that the fish tank panel fitted was $400. I made it fit one that looked almost identical (that was painted silver instead of alu) and cost $40.

Ahhh, them were the days :D

4. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

[​IMG]

JPAC AUBLUE (or Asus Vento 3600)

[​IMG]

Cooler Master Shag Wagon

[​IMG]

Casepower iCute 0408 SL. I'm ashamed to admit that I had one of these...

5. Vault-Tec

6. Vault-Tec

Zalman Boogie Bug.

[​IMG]

A case that actually looked quite pleasant. For about two minutes after unpacking. Then you realised that as soon as you touch it (which you have to in order to build a PC in it) it looks like crap. Then you realise that you have to clean it pretty much every single day and spend ages making sure there was absolutely no dirt left on it at all. A nightmare, basically.

And all for closing in on £400.

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

8. Vault-Tec

It was one of the most awesome things I have ever done to a PC. You could obs see the guts of your rig through it too.

It did come on a Lian Li panel though which was obviously no good, and drilling out the rivets was really scary. Once it was out though it was just a simple case of using the Lian Li panel as a template for the hole and rivet holes (which I replaced with nuts and bolts) and cutting it into the side panel of the far cheaper case.

I wish they still made it. As daft as it looks it was actually really cool and relaxing to watch.