1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Swap Center/Subwoofer Controls

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by John Cena, 26 Apr 2006.

1. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

I just bought the X-530 5.2 speaker setup from logitech. I previously had the Z-540 also from logitech.

Both these speaker systems have a problem. There are in 5.1 channel mode and when my computer first starts up....the center speaker is distorted. It's distorted until I mute and unmute the center speaker in the audio software in windows (SoundMax). After doing that, the center speaker sounds fine. It happens every boot.

I was wondering what "Sqap Center/Subwoofer Controls" in soundmax audio control panel means?

My motherboard is a P4P800 Deluxe.

2. The cheapskate

The cheapskate One custom title before Matty

It swaps the channels that the center and sub work on. Try it if the center is distorted its possible its being fed a sub channel

3. John Cena

I think its my soundcard onboard.

Whats a good soundcard in the 50-60 range that is really good? I have 5.1 speakers so iam not sure if a 7.1 sound card will work?

4. The cheapskate

The cheapskate One custom title before Matty

Go with creative if you have 5.1 computer speakers, any of there xfi range will work well.

5. John Cena

yep just bought the XFI..will recieve it tommorow.

I have no idea where the sound jacks will plugin to.....are they color coded in the XFI? (i bought the xtreme music).

My X-530 5.1 setup has orange (for center ithink), green (front i think), and black (rear i think).

Also what do I do with that weird looking "vga" kind of port on the soundcard? I'm a noob when it comes to soundcard stuff

6. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

If the port is yellow, it's a game port, for older joysticks, and MIDI keyboards.

7. dom_

dom_ --->

X-fi is fine for games. Not for music though