1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapped Mobo - Need Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blast, 16 Jul 2004.

1. Blast

Blast New Member

Okay, it has been a long and ****ty week my friends. Here is my current situation.

My Asus A7N8X-X got ganked. (Ganked = broken/messed up, for those that don't know.) So I decided to put my A7N8X Deluxe in it. (Not the E Deluxe). I cleared the CMOS and it booted to the Asus logo, and then proceded to the next screen that shows CPU speed and RAM. This screen is also supposed to show IDE drives but it does not detect any. I try to go into BIOS by hitting delete, but it does not let me. I really need help with this. To summarize:

PC 1
    Had:
    A7N8X Deluxe
    2800+
    2x 256 MB RAM
    200 GB HD
    9600 XT

PC 2
    Had:
    A7N8X - X (got ganked, see above)
    2500+
    512 MB RAM
    80 GB HD
    AIW 8500

PC 2
    Now Has:
    A7N8X Deluxe
    2500+
    512 MB RAM
    80 GB HD
    AIW 8500

2. Austin

Austin Active Member

:eyebrow: Be sure you're not o/c'ing whilst troubleshooting. If your PC seemed fine until all of a sudden the mobo ganked up, and now it seems gankish with the other mobo it could be a problem with one of your components or simply a BIOS mess up. Both mobos use nForce2 don't they? If so it shouldn't be a driver issue, but it could still be. A repair OS install will keep all your settings and should rule that out.

:hip: You could try reflashing, resetting to defaults and then restoring your prefs manually. You could try clearing your CMOS. Is it the latest official one, have you updated recently? If you rule out the BIOS I'd consider component issues, strip out and disable all non-vital components and see if it helps. If it's happy then add/enable the other parts one at a time. If it's still wonky try each vital part in a aknown working PC (or their good parts in yours one at a time). HTH!