1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development sweet modding site

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ultimate Gamer, 25 Dec 2006.

1. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer What's a Dremel?

2. nphekted

nphekted What's a Dremel?

The link to your only review doesn't work.

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Hour Before Dawn is a great case, but the sight looks like something made on freewebs.com and the first link I clicked didn't work.. but hey, it's just been made and it's better than what I could do, I'll sign up on it :D

4. Ultimate Gamer

link fixed :) i am sorry i thought i had it fixed but i dident have ftp and my host editor dident work i geuss so. now its all fixed :) thanks for registering donate if possabal

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

the website looks terrible, never got so far as the content.

Hows that for Christmas cheer! :D

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Once I finally get a paypal account setup perhaps I will.. but after parental permission, sucks being 15 :sigh:

7. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

That's just being overly critical for the sake of it, but it really could do with a better layout. At the moment it's all over the place, and the header in particular could be made much cleaner and less confusing. Not sure why you'd donate to a site with one review and empty forums though. :confused:

8. Ultimate Gamer

lucky you you are 1 year older then me i am turning 14 the 29th and yes the header sucks i have PMed so many people with good mods on this site and asked if i could use them no answer so.

9. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

you know this website does actually have quite some potential. Here a fer things i think you should take note of.

1. The header. It's simply too large, and people with a 1024*768 monitor (quite a large percent) could struggle. Size it down, just taking those images off and leaving the text would be great!

2. The forum looks like it belongs to another website entirely. You need to have the same/similar layout as your main site to avoid that drastic scenery switch.

3. Your review is written in a very fact for fact like mannor and doesn't keep you interested in reading on. There is nothing to make you go; "oh yeh, this does look interesting, what else is there"! Try asking your english teacher for tips on how to write reviews, the key is keeping the reader hooked!

4. There is no way other than pressing the back button to reach the main page again once your in the forum. (Which will be annoying for people whove had a lengthy stay at the forum). There are two ways around this
    1. Have the forum page open up in a new tab/window when clicked, so that people can then switch between the two.
    2. Have links within the forums header (like Bit) so you can finish off in the forum, and click a link back to the main page for some reading.

If you take some of this into consideration i'm sure your site will

10. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Ok, the reviews arn't very good. Face it, a 14 year old cannot write in an interesting mannor, try and improve it.
    The design is awful, just wondering do you know CSS/HTML?

You have pretty good modding skills though, and obviously some money, mind sending some to me? I really need it.

CSS/HTML and knowing what makes a good design is really what is needed though.

11. Ultimate Gamer

lol ok i am working on this i woulded had the most of this stuff donae already

1 if i dident have a ton of make up work from missing 2 weeks of school cause i had phunna or W/e its called ammonnia or W/e. as right now i dont have main accsess to the files like i said i am either at my Cozes house or on my dads work laptop so im kinda mad about that i will work on a new logo with my coz as he 100% Kickass In photshop lol i will talk to my english teacher

I know all that Shiz

HTML, PHP, CSS, i also have dreamweaver whitch helps me out alot

12. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

You need to learn some basics of web design then. The code is actually quite neat, but my god, it looks awful and very outdated.

13. Ultimate Gamer

ok well i work on it when i get home proabley the 30th or somthing