1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows System Recover Programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Otto's, 30 Mar 2007.

1. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

Hi ! I am looking for a program that could replace Norton Ghost.
    I needed a Recovery program that could recover your system after
    software crashes and virus attach.

I need some finnest advice and suggestions from you. thanks a lot !

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

In one sense they're a waste of time. OK, you install the OS and your favourite software, then ghost a copy. Six months later that copy is six months out of date, you may have changed some hardware and you'll certainly have updated software.

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Which is why the better programs offer incremental backups, as well as complete backups :idea:

Alternatives you should consider, include Acronis True Image (my personal favourite these days), Paragon Drive Backup, NovaBackup, RestoreIT Pro, Drive Clone, O&O Disk Image, R-Drive Image, WinImage ;)

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

But then you start to defeat the (my) aim of going back to a system that's not only virus and trojan-free, but free from all the junk that builds up in a Win system.

They're a fast way of getting you up and running again after a problem, but a clean install is an opportunity for a good turf-out of all the stuff you never use. ;)

OK for backing up your data partition, though I'd rather do it uncompressed, too many horror stories of unreadable archives... :duh:

5. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

Until now, I have been using the Acronis True Image for a while. It definitely helps out a lot. I truely suggest it to anyone.

p.s. Thanks Hazardous

6. baron02

baron02 What's a Dremel?

I say Arconis true image works very well, I use this for every computer i build for my clients as a recovery. It is easy to setup and very quick on recovery.

Tags: