1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows System Recovery Disks

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gushy, 12 Dec 2005.

1. Gushy

Gushy Minimodder

Anyone know how to make a system recovery disk?

Currently the quick way for me to restore my system with drivers etc installed is with a ghost image ( or something similar ), however what I'd like to have is a system recovery disk like you get with HP / Dell / etc. PC's that preps the disk with the correct partitions, copy drivers etc across and then installs windows off a standard windows disk.

That way I could just keep updating the recovery disk with new drivers so I'm not restoring to an old ghost image and then updating drivers, or having to install manually. it's certainly the easy way to a clean installation, if only I could find a way to do it.

The other alternative is to have a custom DVD kinda like XP Borg where it installs windows, the latest drivers for my system, and apps I need. So any info on doing that would be good too!

2. simon w

simon w What's a Dremel?

Last time I had the misfortune of using a HP "recovery" disk, it just extracted an image (just like Ghost) from the CDs/hide partition IIRC.

3. Gushy

Gushy Minimodder

i believe that's what they used to do. not anymore though.

Tags: