1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System temp up to 41C?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by sweets, 8 Sep 2007.

1. sweets

sweets What's a Dremel?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
    My e2140 at 3.0GHz is at 23C to 25C idle and up to 41C at 100% load.
    My system temp via UGuru indicates about 35C idle and up to about 38-39C sometimes.
    My PWM Phase 1 through Phase 5 are typically high 40's celsius at idle and mid to high 50's celsius at 100% load.

When I shut down my system the hottest components right off the bat are my Northbridge heatsink, the Mosfet heatsink and my OCZ Ram.

Question 1: What is a good system temp to run consistently?

Question 2: Does anyone know where the temp sensors are (especially the system temp) on the Quad GT board?

Question 3: I've read that the PWM's can handle up to 70 degrees celsius without a problem and sometimes beyond. Is this safe and correct?

Question 4: If I were to try and cool the northbridge, and or mostfet heatsink, and or ram, or all of them with fans would this help decrease the system temp? Would it help decrease the PWM temps?

Question 5: What is ambient temp and what program measures ambient temp the best? Does the UGuru program measure ambient temp somewhere?

Thanks so much in advance! It is appreciated!

System:
    E2140 at 3.0Ghz
    Gigabyte G-Power Cooler with Antec Formula 5 Thermal Compound
    2 Gigs OCZ 800Mhz Ram/Platinum Rev 2
    Quad GT Mobo
    8800GT 320Mb
    WD 250 GB w/16Mb cache
    Cooler Master Mystique with 3x 12 cm fans (2 intake and one exaust)

2. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Welcome to the forums. For the record, you don't need to post the same thing in more than one place.

Answer 1: Up to 60 degrees C is fine, much more than that should be looked at. You've got almost a 100% overclock there, so 41C load is very good.

Answer 2: Dunno about the system temp but thats usually out in the middle of nowhere to measure case ambient temp. CPU temp sensors are embedded in the chip for max accuracy.

Answer 3: MOSFETS get up to 100C I've seen without problems, but keep a fan on them and maybe add a heatsink if they don't have one stock.

Answer 4: Not the system temp most likely, but it will be good regardless and any cooling for the PWM will be excellent.

Answer 5: Any program will get the same readings as they're all reading the same built-in sensors.

3. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Welcome to Bit-Tech :). If your temperatures are as you state then there is no need for additional cooling. In my experience Abit boards tend to report a little low but even so you're well within safe limits.

In future please don't post duplicate threads - it will not make people respond any more quickly. One thread in the correct forum is enough.

Thanks.

4. IAmATeaf

IAmATeaf Minimodder

Your systems running fine. If you're worried about the northbridge then you could always go and get a 40mm fan to strap on top, this is what I did for my system as the northbridge on mine was roasting hot, more piece of mind then a necessity in my case as the system was stable but made me feel good.

5. sweets

sweets What's a Dremel?

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Good to see that my system is running decent. :D

No need for multiple postings.... Noted. Thanks.