1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Systems Crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by GavinH, 30 Sep 2011.

1. GavinH

GavinH What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Guys my system carshes while I play certain games... "The Witcher 2, Borderlands and F1 2011". All my other games run fine... any idea's???

System: 965 BE Stock, ASUS M4A87TD EVO, 4 x 2 GB G Skills 12800, MSI 6850 Cyclone HD, Win 7 64 bit.

I'll be mid game and the system will just freeze with buzzing audio.

Any ideas?

Gav:waah::duh::rock:

2. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

What are the games that don't crash - are these maybe pushing them a little harder? Running the latest good drivers?

Drop some temp & load monitoring software & keep an eye on the counters, might give you some insight.

3. GavinH

GavinH What's a Dremel?

Hi Landy_Ed,

Games that dont crash... "BFBC2, BLOPS, Crysis + Warhead, Star Craft II, Metro 2033, Civ IV and Civ V" Temps are well within tolerance. All drivers are up to date... been through and updated each driver. I have exhausted all the standard/usual avenunes...

any ideas?

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

What does the event viewer have to say about it?

5. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

hmmmm. Wasn't expecting to see Crysis on that list. so likely not the GPU overheating then.

Swap those ram chips around a bit, maybes take 2 out, if all hunky dory, swap them with the other 2, see if all is still ok. I did have issues myself some time ago with one ram chip having a fault, mostly everything was fine unless I used something that just happened to touch > 5gb.

6. GavinH

GavinH What's a Dremel?

Hi

Landy_Ed

I'll swap my RAM around thanks for input.

Longweight

My event viewer states alot of errors and warnings?? What do you want me to look for??

Could it be something to do with my AV??

Thanks Gav

7. Xcellenye

Xcellenye What's a Dremel?

Does the whole thing freeze so you have to reboot or can you get back to desktop?