1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Tablet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matt_lumley, 26 Dec 2012.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

You can always draw penises/tornadoes all over it when bored...

2. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

I'm using my nexus 7 now, and its awesome. Faster than Forest Bump on speed! The gf bought me it for Xmas and I haven't got off it since.
    The fire isn't too bad but I find its UI a bit boring/simple. Still a capable tablet though.

Sent from Bittech Android app

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Wrong!
    • Blocking out the sun
    • Chastising fellow students violently
    • Hiding involuntary erections
    • Secret noughts & crosses on the reverse (to be erased before handing in to teacher)
    • Coin/tooth pressings
    • Choice of all languages that have ever existed
    • ...and many more uses besides!

Last edited: 27 Dec 2012
    YEHBABY and Guest-23315 like this.
  4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

the wife has just returned her kindle fire hd - she was finind the semi closed system by amazon too restrictive ;

and she got the £50 archos from tesco and so far is actually happy - she can now watch sky go and bbc iplayer ;)

although im still trying to get flash onto it

5. PhoenixTank

PhoenixTank From The Ashes

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#flash_player_archives
    You'll need to scroll down until you get to Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives, then download the first one in the list and sideload it onto the tablet.
    Be prepared for it to not work very well.

Harlequin likes this.
  6. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

Cheers guys! Knew you would be excellent help as always! I looked at the nexus 10 but is slightly out of my price range really plus the nexus 7 does all the same really!

Is the wifi only version ok? I'm always at uni or home so pretty much have WiFi all the time including tethering from my phone. Pretty much answered my own question I guess! Haha

7. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I find it is OK for what I need it for flash wise. Harlequin if you run into any issues or queries aside from flash drop me a pm. I picked one up too and I'm finding it amazing and yes I've used the nexus too.

Sorry to derail the thread.

Personally I find wifi only to be fine, most places offer free wifi or I know the wifi where I am, family, work etc. Else I have my phone.
    Only you can answer if you need 3g, if your budget stretches to it and you have a need for it, get 3g, otherwise it is more outlay and more monthly expense for little use.

8. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Just my 2cents but should you have an issue with the limited capacity of your tablet like i have with mine(iPad4) there are vairous soloutions around that.

The nexus7 does have a 3rd party cable option that can link to external storage like flash drive etc....but its cabled and ugly.

Another option I have personally looked at are the reletavly new devices that are wireless harddrives. Something like the Seagate GoFlex satellite or Kingston Wi-drive

One of the best options is called Airstash, where it looks like a card reader and uses SD cards as the storage. its got excelent reviews and SD cards are dirt cheap now.

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

thank you guys - +rep for flash ; loaded it on her archos and now she can view her online BPP accounts work books - something the kindle fire wouldnt let her do (nor the ipad)

thank you! happy wife today

edit:

and found an old 16gb micro sd card so now her little tab has 16+8 gb storage ;)