1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Talk about heartless...

Discussion in 'General' started by KayinBlack, 6 Nov 2007.

1. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Aye, I know the feeling, but I do agree that legal action will probably just put the school's back up.

When I started to play all those years ago, my parents were in a simular boat. After help from the great local classical shop (which later employed me to help other new starters!), my parents managed to find a way to meet a payment plan. Maybe you could look into that, but of course, that still costs money and it does mean you need a very understanding music shop to help you choose how long it takes to pay for the horn.

That's not the only option though - try looking around for a local non-school based brass band or something. The one I eventually joined had a stash of instruments people could borrow (although in the UK that was lottery funded), sometimes even going as far as buying one for their stocks as someone required a new instrument. Many of the more adult bands also tend to have a 'training' band for younger new starters, so just call a couple. They all tend to be pretty open to this sort of situation, as a bent piece of metal tubing is more expensive than it really should be!

Ach, if your daughter had only been born with a passion for the trumpet or flute.... Would be sooo much easier.

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

There's much good news in the works, but I can't speak yet, as I don't want to ruin it...

Suffice to say that she will be playing, and I will be rubbing some school board faces in their mess as well.

Tags: