1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Tapatalk users

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oggyb, 21 May 2011.

1. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

I notice there's a paid app for forums on the windows phone marketplace. I know a few guys here use it, so, any good?

Sending this from my new HTC Mozart, using the normal website in explorer.

2. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Depends on the price I'd say. Personally I love the Android version. There are a few things I'd like to see but vastly better user experience than the web.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I use it on iPhone, happy enough with it, loading times on non 3g areas is good enough, guessing due to not have to load all the pics etc

4. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I got to say the android version has made this coming on to the forums via the phone so easy

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

5. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

Just trying it out with the demo - only 60 characters tho.

Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using Board Express

6. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Yeah I use it all the time, its a great app - tbh out of all the gizmo's i've installed this is likely my most used other then my sports tracking stuff.

7. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

This forum is literally the only one I use that this software supports, so I think it's probably a frivolous purchase tbh.

8. The Monk

The Monk Minimodder

I know Bit are developing an Android app so might be best to save your pennies and get the bit app

9. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I've seen screenshots of the Andriod app. I seems to function well, but I'd change some of the graphics. If Bit-Tech know their audiences, then they should allow us to do that :)

10. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Tapatalk is great. Using it to post this right now. I've been on the beta of the bit tech android app and while it's ace for reading articles on the site it's not as slick as tapatalk for the forum. Just simple things like subscribing to threads, accessing PM's and setting favourite forums are missing from the bt android app. I'm sure all this stuff will be added at some point but for the foreseeable i'll still be hanging out here via tapatalk.

11. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

My worry is that Bit will neglect the WP7 platform due to it being smaller at the moment.

That seems to be setting me back a little in terms of communication apps.

12. pyro1son

pyro1son Linux User!

Why don't they just make a mobile version of the site then everybody on every platform can use it!

13. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

This. I have the same awesome phone and tapatalk works wonderfully. I have both BT and Aria set up with notifications on subscribed threads, pms etc.

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

As I've mentioned before, during the week if and when I am out of the workshop doing on-site calls or work, I use Tapatalk to send more than half of my Mon-Fri forum posts from my iPhone. I find the app to be extremely well laid out and written, although with the current version on my iPhone 3GS I've been experiencing the odd CTHS (crash to home screen) but I'd say it's just a version bug and will be fixed shortly. I also browse and contribute to a couple of other forums from Tapatalk and it just makes forum participation on the move an absolute breeze. My only criticism of it is that it doesn't support text formatting such as bold, italic or underlined text. This is a really minor niggle though, and it doesn't heavily affect my use of the app or the various forums. I absolutely love that it stores your user profiles for each forum. The software developer really did a fantastic job with this app.

Because Android and iOS were here first, and own the smartphone software market at the moment. WP7 is playing catch-up because it was late to the party, and in turn SD's are playing catch up to support it as well. End of.