1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Techangel Glass topped Hard Disk Mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by :: Dugy ::, 18 Apr 2002.

1. :: Dugy ::

:: Dugy :: Turkey

Glass topped Hard Disk

[​IMG]

So you’re thinking about modding your hard disk? Either that or you just want to look at the nice pictures in this article. :) Well your probably wondering either way, what’s so special about this particular hd as numerous others out there have been putting windows on their hds. This one is topped with glass and instead of the usual hard work in involved in cutting a window in the lid, the whole lid is now glass.

Link: http://www.techangel.co.uk/articles/hdwindow/

2. ::Dawg::

::Dawg:: What's a Dremel?

That picture is kind of hard to see. So here some more close ups taken from the link above.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

heh, i just chose to show that dark one cos it looks kinda cool and mysterious, *woooohhhh* or something...

shame renko didnt go into huge detail about how he did it... the glass it just stuck to the metal frame of the disk using the sealant, then strong black tape over the top with the curved edges you can see to give it a nice frame.

looks nice though, no?

4. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I definately wouldn't trust any data on the thing... looks interesting though.

5. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

theres been plenty of hard disk mods... linears, for example, seems to work fine... renk says his disk is still running as normal, although i guess it only needs one stray speck of dust doesnt it

:sigh:

well, im still trying it :D

Tags: Add Tags