1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Telnet Tunnelling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Evilhue, 24 Mar 2004.

1. Evilhue

Evilhue What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know how to set up an HTTP tunnel through telnet. I have access to telnet on campus and want to route my http through that computer because it uses a different connection to the internet which is much faster than the one used by the dorms.

2. MadD_b0mBeR

MadD_b0mBeR What's a Dremel?

u'll get very very few replies (if any) to any hacking-esque question. People on here dont go into that kinda thing, and if they know how to do it, they wont help, as its inveriably to do dodgy things. Just remember how many people on this site are admins, and whos job it is to try and stop stuff like this going on!

On the other hand, i would reccomend the Jinx forums.

3. Evilhue

Evilhue What's a Dremel?

Oh, I don't do that kind of stuff anyways. It's allowed, just not encouraged. The shell telnet account is given to you as a student. You need it for managing your school webpage and checking mail (if you like to do it through the shell). I would definately never fool around at school if it wasn't allowed. It's not worth getting expelled over.

4. MadD_b0mBeR

MadD_b0mBeR What's a Dremel?

im glad u think that, cos my m8 at uni nearly got thrown out for using his connection to download gigs and gigs a day from Kazaa. Well, thats what will happen if u give a student a 24/7 free satalite connection... how does a 4megabite a second download speed hit you? and that was the average, would often get as high as 10megs a second.

he bought a DVD burner very quickly :D

Tags: