1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Temtem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 17 Jan 2020.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I looked around and didn't see a thread for this, so here goes!

Temtem is, for all intents and purposes, a Pokémon MMO not made by Nintendo. It was a successful Kickstarter back in 2018 and is heading to Steam/Humble Store in Early Access on Tuesday, January the 21st 2020, with console release coming later. The devs have stated they really would like to implement cross-play, but may have to limit this to cross-save. We will have to see.

There's so far been a closed alpha for Kickstarter backers and one stress test earlier this week. There's a 2hr stress test just about to begin (19:00 Friday January the 17th 2020) and another scheduled for Sunday the 19th 2020 (17:00-19:00). If you'd like to try it you can still get stress test keys from their official discord:

It's looking great so far, and the latest Pokémon under-performing will doubt no help boost the number of people interested.

official site | twitter | facebook | instagram | youtube | reddit | discord | steam | humble

2. Hex

After a bit of a struggle to get in and face the first opponent, we had a really good time on the stress test last night! The Temtem designs are great and seeing other people in the world is such a nice addition to a Pokémon style game. trying to learn all the weaknesses should be fun!

3. Hex

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Been watching this a little as it got closer to the launch with a bit of interest.
    I'm not going to jump in and try it just yet because MMO games are notorious for performance problems during launches with how their servers get hammered by everyone eager to be the first to reach end-game status.

I'm a little intrigued at how they've not had any disputes between companies (unless they just weren't public) over how much it resembles the Pokemon games. I watched a couple of videos of people playing the start and the beginning looks almost identical.
    You wake up in Pallet Zadar Town, go and visit Professor Oak Konstantinos to get your first Pokemon TemTem, your rival, Gary Max, challenges you as soon as you leave the professor's building and then you head out into the tall grass north of the town to learn the basics of catching your first PokeTem by weakening the target and throwing a PokeBall TemCard at them.

With how close the beginning resembles the Pokemon games, I'm wondering if they struck some kind of deal... especially with the rumours that it'll also be coming to the Switch later on, it'd be directly competing with the Pokemon titles if it goes onto Nintendo's platform.