1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Tera Open Beta this weekend

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by IamJudd, 12 Apr 2012.

1. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Anyone else receive the email and are considering this?

The important bit for those that haven't received an email is...

Welcome to the TERA Open Beta Test; TERABETA is your game code to play. The TERA Open Beta Test grants you a limited time opportunity to try out TERA for free!
    To start your TERA adventure:
    1. Create your En Masse account at https://account.enmasse.com.
    2. Use the “Enter Code” feature on the Account Overview page to type in your game code: TERABETA
    3. Download TERA from the Account Overview page and install.
    4. Play TERA!

And there are no character wipes at end of beta...

Ian

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Can I ask what it is? I can't see it at work.

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Looks like its just another fantasy MMO.

*edit*

But its running on the UT3 engine, so graphics actually look quite nice from the few bits on their site.

4. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I saw a review from someone who played it and it sounded very horrible. :/

5. asteldian

asteldian Minimodder

Tera is a Korean MMO that has been out a few years and is now being released here, it has been revamped for Western players - less grind, more quests etc. ow good it will be I don't know, but between Rift and GW2 I'll have no time to find out

6. JPClyde

JPClyde What's a Dremel?

The combat looks great your not stood button mashing you can actually dodge attacks in this one.

7. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

given the companies general "**** europe" attitude, I don't plan on having anything to do with it.

8. el2k

el2k Modder

I've got the game downloaded and waiting to play, been watching this one for a while.

The only thing i'm not sure about is that its Korean so it's bound to be a massive farm?

9. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

It has better graphics than Aion and Rift.

10. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

Fun MMO- especially with a good group of friends. Playing in a group is almost mandatory after level 25 or so which is nice. But definitely a game you can't get everything out of without someone to play with- the more the merrier.

I opted for the North American servers over the EU ones. Cheaper too.

Graphically speaking it is a pretty snazzy looking game- the Unreal 3 engine does a nice job of keeping the game looking shiny but without the "Crysis" effect on your hardware.

Given the current state of MMO's and the rather lackluster game play of Guild Wars 2 (Yes I play it) I don't see anything keeping my interest reasonably engaged in the MMO genre for awhile.

11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Whilst waiting for the preview weekend, I resubbed to the original Everquest... It's like they've saved me a seat at my local... So many old faces from 8 years ago... Makes me sad I sold my old accounts and am having to start fresh but hey, at least I get to see some old zones, right?!

12. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I haven't played it nor do I plan to but a friend is playing and he said the combat is what makes Tera different / better. It's action oriented instead of click and spam buttons, meaning you have to aim / control your direction and you can dodge attacks / cast ahead of someone if they're moving and stuff. He seems to love the game but a lot of the reviews aren't too keen on it. I'd want to try the beta but with exams I don't have the time to justify all the bandwidth to dl it for the amount of time I'd actually have to play it.

13. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Played. Deleted.

Bored.

14. CrazyBlade

CrazyBlade What's a Dremel?

Pretty much covers my feelings on it.

Generic, boring, with nothing outstanding or of value to it. Reminds me of a mix of Perfect World and Rift with less polish. The graphics are, admittedly, very good for an MMO, but it plays like every other point and click variant out there.

It's a shame, but unfortunately the MMO market is massively stuck in a rut right now with no sign of things changing.

Roll on GW2.

15. Kainrpg

Kainrpg What's a Dremel?

i played in the beta and i did get the feeling of a generic MMO with you point to attack. but it still auto locks to a degree to attack.

graphics were nice. game play the same as every other mmo

impressed im not