1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Texture Pop-in

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by façade, 18 Mar 2010.

1. façade

façade What's a Dremel?

I've got a strange problem with games that's been occurring for a couple of weeks. Basically, in every game I'm getting texture pop-in and re-rendering of objects when I get close to them. I originally thought it was only happening in Bad Company 2 but when I've tried other games it's occurring too, even though my framerates are perfectly fine and everything else appears to be okay. All my drivers are up to date too.

ATI 5850
    i5 750
    4gb ddr3 ram

Temps look fine to me as well.

However, I've just gone onto BC2 and seen that my gpu is constantly maxed out, is this how it should be?

Edit: Starcraft 2 beta code up for grabs if somebody can find the solution :)

Last edited: 18 Mar 2010
  2. façade

façade What's a Dremel?

I established that it was nothing to do with load, as even on 50% load with the settings on low it still occurs, in fact the video below shows the problem with the settings on low.

Here is a video to show the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0km7GXqzgew

This isn't pop-in though, just texture re-rendering as I get closer? My other video shows texture pop-in.

Really annoying issue and any help would be appreciated with the extra incentive of an SC2 beta key.

3. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Only thing i can think of would be if something is set in Catalyst control possibly Mip Map or Catalyst A.I.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?