1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Beginning....

Discussion in 'General' started by c.u.later, 17 Dec 2006.

1. c.u.later

c.u.later What's a Dremel?

hey all, this might sound a bit pathetic but me and a few mates have recently started a band and are really struggling for a name, and as we have our first gig on new years, we are a little stressed about it.

was wondering if anyone could suggest a name? we play mainly muse/chilli peppers/GnR as well as our own tracks, but they're in a similar sort of category, just so you know what kind of name would suit.

could anyone help please? it's killing me :wallbash:

c.u.later

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Greased Fantasy.

Conjures up all sorts of interesting thoughts.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

NO, it would be hilarious, but just say no

4. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Just pick something that you all like, or at least can agree on. A friends band called themselves Fire Blanket because it was the sign on the wall they saw first when sketching out gig posters. Pick a lyric and get something from that, you like Muse so maybe Plugged In... ok maybe not but you get the idea.

A name doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, but something catchy and easy to remember is always good

5. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Pick something that sounds good, but doesnt tie you to a particular genre. Unless you want to be, just then you can experiment in the future. E.g. being called something like Black death or something isnt giving you much space.

Ice

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

"Woot".

:D

Nerfus
    Jeramba
    Tirebrus
    Lanoooze

Just make up a word with sounds you like.

7. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

'To Be Confirmed', or 'To Be Announced'. That's sure to go down well on gig posters.

8. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Indeed, I used to have a band in college we called ourselves "Special guests" kinda saw it as free advertising in case we ever made it. As it happened we sucked big time and never did :D

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

There's a fair few bands that are shortened to an acronym such as CoF (Cradle of Filth), P.o.D. (whatever they stand for) so how about C.B.A. (Can't Be Ar*ed)?

10. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

Playable on Death....

Try getting a book or magazine opening it on a random page then stick a pin in it make a not of the word or phrase, repeat 3 or 4 times and arrange words in the mosty sinsible order we tried this years ago for a friend of mines band and ended up with....

Putting statistics up a horses rectum
    and Nitro induced shepards

but alas they didn't go with either and choose hung like a bear if I remeber correctley..