1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music THE BIRD IS THE WORD!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by TobyKing1982, 12 Dec 2010.

1. TobyKing1982

TobyKing1982 Minimodder

Please everyone lets get The Bird Is The Word by the Trashmen to number 1 to beat the X-Factor machine!

It's upto no 5 in the charts!

MiNiMaL_FuSS likes this.
  2. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

You could at least provide a link.

3. TobyKing1982

TobyKing1982 Minimodder

4. TobyKing1982

TobyKing1982 Minimodder

5. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Hey. It's that song off Full Metal Jacket.

I reckon X Factor will will triumph this year because there will be quite a few campaigns for an alternative Xmas number 1 and people won't just get behind a single song.

7. TobyKing1982

TobyKing1982 Minimodder

Yeah I tend to agree but The Bird song is already doing well so it makes it the logical choice!

8. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

There are also several facebook campaigns; it has as much if not more momentum than RATM did last xmas..

9. TobyKing1982

TobyKing1982 Minimodder

Lets hope so. Keep buying people!

10. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I'm an early adopter of the John Cage campaign (kinda the opposite of The Bird :)), but will probably get behind which ever has most chance, as they are both glorious. 4.33 seems to have more publicity but less momentum (personally I prefer the remix) and The Bird is second favourite with most bookmakers.
    Like I said though, I think both will fail. Personally I think the best chance of success would be to pick something great, but still xmassy. Did you know Fairytale of New York never got to number 1?

11. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

I thought 4 minutes of silence was the campaign against Xfactor? Could land up splitting support over several songs.

12. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I'm going to destroy you... it was funny when we got RATM to the top. But for god sake don't pervert the music industry, we'll end up with meme's/annoyed political figures/hitler coming back from the dead.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T DO IT!

13. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Yawn, this was done last year. Message sent, no need to do it every year

14. Pieface

Pieface Modder

You'd rather to just let Xfactor get the christmas number 1 every year?

15. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Everyone's supporting an alternative number one because last year it was cool and original and "we made a difference man, yeah!" - this year its just lemmings off a cliff.

All that actually happened last year, was to put money in the pocket for RATM; although for those who could get there, the free concert was a nice touch. Joe was still number two last year, so the money STILL lined Simon Cowell's pocket.

I'm not going to be buying any song, because in my little insignificant world, radio is where music comes from, and you don't have to pay for that.

Its just a shame that this year's song is actually a really good Biffy Clyro song, and instead, I'm going to be subjected to all these random bollocks songs that are being chart-bombed, and will inevitably end up on the radiom because they play "popular songs" ... ugh.

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

There is EVERY need to stop these festering, talentless morons from getting the public adulation they so dearly crave. I hate the **** factor and everything it stands for. It is my destiny to do everything in my power to stop it.

17. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I'd rather people didn't think "WOW THATZ SO AWEZOMES!" because it isn't. I'm a huge RATM fan, I love alternative music, but then.... what right do we have to act trollish (lol) towards people who don't?

Hell I haven't watched xfactor, those idiots who tell me everything via Facebook have been deleted, if you don't like the music, don't watch x-factor and don't listen to the radio. Find somewhere that your music tastes are satisfied instead of thinking... "my music must be listened to by all!"

18. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

No there isn't. Just leave them to it fools.

19. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

This type of thing probably gives the xfactor even more publicity. Id preffer if something else was done, not just doing the same thing as last year with a different song.

20. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Like copyrighting the X-Factor logo? >.<