1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Fourth Kind

Discussion in 'General' started by SeT, 23 Oct 2009.

1. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I got to go to an advance screening of The Fourth Kind last night. I keep hearing that it's a true story and they have the audio and video to back up what was in the movie and this audio/video was included along side re-enactions. If it is real, I'm not easily scared but there were parts of this that gave me chills. I just keep thinking of the Blair Witch, they went out of their way to make that look real before it was released and then the movie was full of fail - The audio/video evidence in The Fourth Kind could as easily be faked.

I don't know, well done enough to make it questionable unlike Blair Witch. Definitely entertaining. Has anyone else seen it yet?

Last edited: 23 Oct 2009
  2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i remember going to see the mothman prophacies, very slow film but by the end it definatly left me feeling cold in the cinema, any film that evokes an emotional response weather it be a good one of bad one is deffo a top film in my books

3. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Saw a trailer for it last night - actually looks quite good.
    Reminded me of the McPherson Tape, but with Milla Jovovovovovich.

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I want to go see it, though I'm a bit skeptical about it.

5. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

The more I think about it, the more I think it is faked. There is no reason in the movie to think that, just no way to know for sure that the story is real. I could search the internet but if it's faked, how would I know that whoever made the movie didn't put fake articles out...

Either way, it's a good movie. It'll make you think. There are skeptics but sometimes their arguments almost sound like they're trying to convince themselves... Arguments along the lines of "there's no such thing as aliens." or "why would a race advanced enough to travel here bother with it?" or even the most convincing "If humans have the tech to look at other planets and tell what they're made of, why wouldn't aliens with the tech to travel thousands of light years and avoid detection want to experiment on us, wouldn't they have similar tech? it would be easier/safer for them to abduct just a few and keep us rather than leaving and keep returning." I say to think in the entire universe that there is no other planet with intelligent life is stupid. I don't know if or why they would visit us if there is though, we have no way to know their motivation. As far as the tech, we don't know what they could/couldn't do. This also comes back to motivation, we just don't know anything about them. Turning on God Mode in games is fun occasionally, maybe they just don't get tired of that. Maybe they did just abduct a few and plant us here. We just don't know.

I'm rambling but it gets the point across, it will make you wonder.