1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The great speaker condundrum

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whypick1, 29 Jun 2004.

1. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

I've got a dilemma here. I'm living in a dorm right now, and while I have a fairly good PC with an OK multimedia setup (have ATI TV Wonder, want to get Happenauge PVR-250 w/ BeyondTV), I don't have any speakers to go with it. Due to the confined quarters, I've relegated myself to a 2.1 setup. This leaves me with two choices.

Logitech Z2200
    Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

For someone who's going to be using this for watching TV, DVDs, listening to my collection of rock/metal OGGs and MPEGs, and will be doing a fair share of gaming in which lots of stuff blows up, which set is the best?

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

i prefer the sound of the klipsch over logitech, i find logitech speakers to be a bit boomy and lack good treble

but you should really listen for yourself, what sounds amazing to one person may sound like a pregnant yak to another

3. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Out of interest, what does a pregnant yak sound like? :D

I'd also favour the Klipsch, Logitech speakers leave me somewhat cold especially with regards to upper- and mid-range sound, but I agree, try before you buy ;)

4. whypick1

whypick1 The über-Pick

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely going to have a listen for myself, but since all the specs and reviews paint them as being pretty damn even, if my listening test doesn't turn up any discernable difference, then I'll go with the general consensus here. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Klipsch, simply because I'm not some rap-listening retard who thinks as much bass as humanly possible = good audio quality. I'm not saying the Logitechs are like that, but from the few times I've listened to them in-store, they have seemed boomy.