1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guides The Modding Toolbox: A Guide to Rotary Tools

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Apr 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

Here's a question: are there any rotary tools, apart form Dremel 4000 series, that have constant speed control?

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I'll second 3M for really nice abrasives, it's just not worth bothering with cheap paper/pads.
    Proxxon's Micromot series (the IB/E and IBS/E specifically) are worth a look as an alternative to the higher-end Dremels. MUCH more sturdy construction, closer to a mini die-grinder. You can also go full-ham and stick them on one of their tiny mill/drill tables if you want to do something bonkers like mill your own custom micro-channel waterblock.

Xlog likes this.
  4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

For woodwork, I've used 3M sandpaper but, now use Hermes Perdurable Silicon Carbide Sheets from Axminster, in my experience much more durable and tear resistant, especially sanding over edges and curves.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Thanks. I know a guy that uses one of those air systems for a cnc spindle and I was wondering what search engine verbiage would bring it up. I also get why he doesn't pay much attention to spindle speeds now. :hehe:

Tags: Add Tags