1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The official bit-tech and CPC Fantasy Football League!

Discussion in 'General' started by Baz, 10 Aug 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Or, it could also be a good idea to try and hold on to it until the January transfer window to do a major overhaul if there are any injuries to factor in.

That said, there's almost 2 weeks until the next matches and I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist using it. :D

2. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

It's transfer deadline day today following a fairly predictable week 4, with the a little movement around the top 5.

No premier league for 2 weeks now, with the next round of fixtures picking up after the international break on 12th September. My advice is don't make your transfers until next week, as you've got no idea who's going to be fit/injured/playing for who until then!

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

You can still make one free transfer per week, so no big issue unless half your team gets injured.

PS, now in 12th :)

4. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Watch all the clever chaps use the double game rises to make a small packet on players for free :)

I can't be bothered, saving my wildcard this year...amde a free 2m out of it last year though

5. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Aye I've had 1 raise twice and I've got 7 more that have risen once and will be rising again.

Lucky thing is I've got a table thats updated automatically to show who will be rising and falling and when lol so I've known the right guys to get in.

Really helps with the players I'd like to get in and trust me leaving your wildcard till January is far too late, I've always played mine before November same for everyone i know, as leaving it too late means you can't get the players you want usually.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Eh? What table be that then?

Well, it depends on who you want. My main line up I'm pretty happy with. Don't get me wrong, my wildcard has been gone within the first month or so usually and even though I often end up with a high value team it hasn't helped me win overall so far...

7. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

You can't post that and not share it :p

Aren't value increases calculated by the number of people transferring that player in/out? Fabregas gets 22 points week one, gets brought in by 100k managers, and he goes up 200k in value....and then does sweet FA for 3 weeks bwhahahaha!

8. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Well. that's the international break over with, and it looks like most players came through unscathed. Apart from Arshavin who, if F365 are to believed, has a groin strain that'll keep him out of the Man City clash. Weirdly, Fantasy Premier League says he's fine.

On the positive side, F365 says that Rio Ferdinand and Tomas Rosicky might get a game this week - worth a punt anyone?

A quick look at the leaderboard shows Leon Wong's FC Relentless 20 points ahead of our own Harry Butler's Goaltasticsplosions - it must be all the energy drink they get down them at half-time.

Last Gameweek was also great outing for Daniel Fothergill's limey_10 side - 70 points in one week is good going (and only 2 shy of FC Relentless's epic points haul), but can he keep it up?

Honourable mentions should go to Phil Clarke, Emily Clarke and Colin Clarke (surely some relation?) who all got over 50 points last Gameweek - I bet they wished they joined the league on day one.

Time to start planning those transfers and substitutions everyone, game on in two days' time! :thumb:

9. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Would that not just be one person who has used their mam/dad/bro/sisters name and email to get more teams in as there is only one team allowed per person.

10. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

If so, is that cheating? Or just a bad idea because now s/he has three teams to agonise over rather than just one? :D

11. alastor

alastor Minimodder

61 points for me for the weekend, not bad. Anyone who had Benayoun should have made a killing :lol:

12. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Well, with Adebayor out for the Manchester and City only hoping Tezez will be back, anyone with a load of Man U defenders should be happy this weekend.

The agonising choice for me is whether or not to deploy Ebanks-Blake. He's got pace, strength and decent finishing (in the Championship, at least) but will he be fit? And even if he is, will he be rusty after a month or so on the sidelines? Arghgh, if I leave him out, what's the betting he'll knock in a couple? :(

13. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I gotta decide what to do, wing it or transfer phil neville.

14. MiNiMaL_FuSS

Well, afew upsetting results so far. ALOT of teams brought in Turner now he's moved to Sunderland, but Burnley just turned them over and he got a yellow card! Clearly the new back line needs a while to settle.

Fab is back, and the Arsenal fixtures are looking pretty good, I'd say a good time to bag yourself some Arsenal players....perosnally i refuse to have them in my squad!

15. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Another 60 point weekend for me, September is turning in to a good month :D

16. MiNiMaL_FuSS

I could really do with re-irganising my team now, wildcard is tempting.

17. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Mine needs a few tweaks but nothing serious waiting for an injured player to come back to change 2 of my players then all shall be well, especially since the guy im going after is in the wrong category so should rack the points up.

*edit*

Since I ain't checked this for a few weeks here you guys go: http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

I think its pretty self explanitory but if you need any help let me know.

18. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Anyone tempted by Giggs? 6.9 mil and he;s taking all the free kicks and corners when he's playing atm - could be a good value add!

19. MiNiMaL_FuSS

more tempted by saha for the same cost..

20. alastor

alastor Minimodder

I sorted out my formation on Monday but completely forgot about it until 6mins after the deadline this morning...ah well 2 free transfers for me next week I suppose.