1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The old CPC and Bit-tech Battlefield 3 server by MPUK

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 2 Nov 2011.

1. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

I think we've got a new title for Rotterius as well; "Rotty the Ragemaster" :clap:

I wish I had recorded some of the voice chat last night, so funny ;-)

2. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Currently in a fight with Marsey for the most knife kills, and I think we are nearly double the next closest.

Also:

Last edited: 16 Nov 2011
  3. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Just like to highlight something that happened yesterday on the cpc server long after everyone was gone. Must have been around 22 ppl or so on the server. My team had 3 players less than the opposite team, and Deadbolt decided it would be a good idea to join the othem, and make that 5 people more, just to make things nice and even. So I raged a bit etc etc, was slayed by deadbolts almighty admin powers and that was that.

I'd kind of like to point out, that even though we are a community, and we like to be on eachothers teams, providing coms, backup etc, I do think that we should try to keep things fair, and not try to make the entire one side, 'team CPC'. One of the people on my squad just said fk this, half way through and left. I stayed on, but could have left or worse, just joined in on the team cpc fun and joined the other team too. What's one more player against the weaker team eh?

Just my 2c. Appologies to deadbolt for overreacting on the night, hopefully you guys can see where I'm coming from re team stacking.

4. nchhabs

I think team balance is an issue occasionally - this evening there were a number of consecutive games (only three or four to be fair) where my team was consistently unable to get more than one checkpoint and hold it for the entire duration of the round, primarily due to presence of three co-ordinated squads on the other team. In this instance it was CPC + randoms versus CPC + other clans, and of course, if you've got clans stacked on one side, half the people on the other team leave, making it even more imbalanced.

The issue is, even with admin powers the 'fmove' or 'move [player] [team/squad]' command doesn't seem to work moving people across teams. I've tried this a number of times and I can only move people between squads and not between teams. @Wyx, if you know a command to scramble teams please let us know as I think it would really help if we find consecutive games becoming increasingly difficult for one side as frustrated players leave.

5. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Teams where even, if not one more person on your side at the start of the round, which is when I switched. After that people started rage quitting because they couldn't work as a team.
    You spent more time bitching in chat than trying to do anything so I flat out refused to switch back and just decided to hunt your tags.

I did try to even the teams, but none of the procon commands work, except kick, ban and kill. The only autobalance I've seen so far, is in switching teams when it might put the other at 2 or more people. Other than that there is none, so if no one new comes in, its up to individuals to move across.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's only one round, autobalance kicks in when new round starts, so the next round should be better balanced. (at least number-wise) what we really need is team scrambler that scrambles the Mumble regulars.

the thing is that manually moving people mid-game, especially move people to a heavily loosing team that is about to lose, will piss people off. there are a few randomers that keep returning to this server, remember those randomers make up this server as well as regulars.

i will keep an eye out on team scrambler. (there is none at the moment) the teams really does need scrambling on each new round to mix up Mumble regulars so that it's more fun and dynamic.

also, we can't kick people just because they camp for the tank. this is a Battlefield game, camping for vehicles is part of the game.

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

IMHO, raging is unacceptable unless people are outright cheating. When I first joined the game, I was on the losing team 3 times in a row. Then the scrambler did its work and our team won several games in a row.

Multiplayer games are highly dynamic, and people join and leave between (and during) every game. The admins will do their best to keep things balanced, but its not possible 100% of the time. Everyone would, in an ideal world like every game to to balanced on a knife edge, and finish 0-1 from 400-400, but there are two many factors to take into account (hey, Fluidic might be having a bad day!) to make this happen 100% of the time.

The simple way to comeback from a situation where you are being dominated is not to attack the frontline, but instead attack the control point nearest the enemy spawn point and work your way backwards. This forces concentrations of enemy away from your spawn, and the points nearest you,or allows you to attack them from behind.

Also, to be on the winning team is nice, but its only 200 points, and if you, or your squad, excelled in battle then there is no shame in that at all.

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

KK. I was just miffed because the other side had 4 cpc members and were owning, and all I had was brave who's new.

9. wyx087

here's an idea, how about increase tickets slightly (125%) and decrease ticket drain speed slightly (70%)? that would have two outcomes:
    -giving the losing team time to find a tactic that works for them, so they can fight out of their spawn.
    -further humiliate the losing team is trapped in a small area.

although it will change the game slightly and the close games we've had on the server might have totally different outcomes.

i know Conquest is all about capping points, but i feel those tickets drain a little too fast. can't we all just get along (have some tea on Caspian border hilltop?) and slow down the pace of game slightly?

also, i find the join-friends system work slightly too well on BF3. so if i could ask regulars to join through their server browser instead please? that way you are randomly put into a team, so less chance of everyone going on the same side.

anyhoo, i am away over the weekends. so admins please look after the server and kick cheaters :)

10. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Ooo

Better mention I'm away this weekend aswell, but I might be able to pop on for a game or 2, and will be logged in on Steam (maybe Origin aswell) for the most part

11. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Dude, you need to be more civil to the players.

P.S. teamstacking is for fags.

12. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

After the last couple of weeks I must say Ive been having great fun on the server (D0rmarth) and I must say that most times I have been on the people on Mumble have made an effort as an active speaker on mumble to bring me into a team. When this happens its a far more enjoyable experiance as I often find us going tag hunting the other CPC team.

I dont really care about winning or losing more so I love having a laugh with others hunting deadbolt and F1bres tags.

I would suggestion to people is to get yourself on muble ask if there are any groups going or would like to make them as it shouldnt be left up to others to make sure you have fun its up to you !!

13. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

forgot to say +1 for the channel linking during the wait so that the teams can have a bit of banter !!:rock:

14. wyx087

ok, figured out Whisper/Shout function, exactly what we needed :D

if everyone would kindly add two Whisper/Shout, set one to Faction A, another to Faction B, both assigned to the same button. like this:
    [​IMG]

now, just press the Shout button to broadcast to talk to both Faction A and B at the same time.

normal push-to-talk will talk to your channel (aka your team for tactics). shout will talk to everyone in both Factions.

15. nchhabs

Just set this up, will try it out tomorrow. :thumb:

16. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Oi easy now you had Brave who is new and was drunk (plus need to get the voip sorted)

17. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Greg you get miffed over everything :p

18. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Hey I got half of it right :D

True dat :D

19. wyx087

How's the new channel and key arrangement working for everyone?

20. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Hey guys how do we set up mumble, got it downloaded but who do i connect to??