I was feeling especially creative (and bored) today, so I decided to turn my modding attention to my pants. Here are the materials that I used: an old pair of lucky jeans, a handmade flame stencil, some duplicolor vinyl & fabric paint, and a load of pushpins. Stencil: I didn't stay too close to the lines, but that's okay. As long as the cut looks good. The softness of paint minimizes any minor hard edges. Close up of the paint: It's made for dashboards, seats, and other vinyl/fabric things. I was under the impression when I bought it that it would lay down vinyl like paint, turning whatever I painted into vinyl. Not so much. Push pins: You need these. There's a small stump in my back yard. Here's what it's for: I stuffed cardboard in the leg of the jeans, then pinned my stencil and some newspaper to the cardboard. I used a pizza box to protect the rest of the pants from overspray. The 11x17 piece of paper that I used didn't go all the way around the leg of my jeans. I fixed that later. Painted: With stencil removed: That trapezoid is no good. Back out to the yard to fix it. I lined newspaper up with the angles, tacked it down, and sprayed. I did the triangle after dark without (much) light, and spraying black paint was a little unnerving. If I had been painting anything that wasn't pants, I would have waited till the next day. The triangle/spike: The trapezoid still shows through, as I did paint it twice. It looks like it belongs, so I'm not too worried. And me wearing them: Victory! I can't wait to wear these tomorrow. Well, I'm wearing them right now, but nobody's here to see. I wish that I had moved the stencil farther up the leg, as the folds of the pants kind of hide the flames . Other than that I'm quite pleased. Let me know what you think!