1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The Quick Flammable Fox Gains More Market Share

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 11 May 2005.

1. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

theyre still 'tabbed' unless you want to say that theyre buttons. in that case youre right, they are presented slightly differently graphically

2. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Except that if you have other programs open besides IE, your 'tab' space shrinks incredibly and to the point where it's hard to read what they are and locate the one you want (particularly when the first characters are "Internet Explorer - ". On 1024x768, this can get unreadable after 5 open web pages depending on the size of your quick-launch bar and your taskbar.

3. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Drifting off-topic, but I find the 'Tab Mix' extension very good, especially 'undo closed tab' (for accidental closures :duh: ) and 'restore last session when starting FF', handy when you've installed an extension and need to close/reopen to use it, or just so you can carry on where you left off yesterday.

Seems to be a worthy successor to TBE.

Da Dego, my box quote above was http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/about-boxmodel.htm

More info on the CSS3 commands to set box behaviour here

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah, because FF will come preinstalled on Microsoft Windows... you're missing out on a lot. Whenever I'm screwed into using IE (at school), I always find myself trying to use mouse gestures and getting pissed when they don't work. Of course, I try and use mouse4 and mouse5 too, which of course school mice don't have, but it's like any thing where once you get used to (or start using) new features, you freak out when they're missing.

Of course I have a version of windows where it's preinstalled, but that would be of questionable legitimacy :wink: And as for updates, try installing windows sometime. Quite unupdated. And FF does, to some degree, auto-update itself. Just at this point in a somewhat less effecient way than the highly-evolved-and-proprietary windowsupdate.

5. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

yeah but then you can't see them all at once and they get irritatingly reordered (alphabetically)

6. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Thanks, cpemma. I found your first article (also saw it on ALA), but the second link doesn't point me to anything readily useful. CSS3 is far from well-implemented yet (or even totally defined)...

We now return you to your original thread, already in progress... ;)

Tags: Add Tags