1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Relationship Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by xstarx, 20 Nov 2003.

1. xstarx

xstarx What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone, I would like to let you all know two things:

Firstly, I am new here and i hope i have a nice stay at this nice forum site :).

Secondly, since i am here and i thought some of you might help me out i want to let you guys know something about me :).

I started this thread mainly because there is a girl i like, she's nice, funny, and pretty. She likes to be energetic but she's not those muscular ones, she's skinny and not flat either :p . Anyways, she is with another guy right now and i really don't want to wait until they break up or who knows if they might be together for a long time :(.

She thinks i'm adorable, and very sweet. She doesn't tell me these things but she does to people i know ... in fact just one person who is a guy ( and a friend of mine too ). I couldn't ask her out before she actually went out with another guy because she didn't like me.

I do not like her as much now but we are still cool. All i want to know is what can i do to take one step closer to get her when she breaks up with the guy she is going out with currently?

Thanks, and if you need help with a girl or a guy then post it here! :)

I hope i'm welcome here!

2. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Frankly mate, you don't wanna go down the road of trying to split a couple up- that's only going to lead to a whole world of pain.

Secondly, even if she does split up with him I wouldn't recommend rushing into anything anyway, 'cos life on the rebound leads to...erm, a whole world of pain :)

I think you need to find yourself someone who is a bit more attainable- and hey, if things are meant to be with this other girl then it'll all be good.

Cheers

Sam

3. xstarx

xstarx What's a Dremel?

Hey

Well I wasn't planning on splitting them up really because i know that would just make me sound like a big sucker and she would kill me if she found out i planned on breaking them up ... but yeah you can be right about rushing into her right after she breaks up. We really like each other as friends but we just don't tell it to each other if you know what i mean... like we don't show it but we know it.

This girl is really my type because she's quiet when she is supposed to... and she's got one of the best body :blush: ... she's not fat nor too skinny but she's perfect :)

Thanks by the way :thumb:

4. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

Trust me mate, been there.

Right now, about the only thing you can do is make sure she knows that you are there for her. If there's ever anything wrong, you are the guy to talk to. If she does split up with the guy she's with now, she will talk to you. Build up a REALLY good friendship and trust, then think about it.

By the way, relationships destroy friendships ;)

I asked a girl who I _REALLY_ liked (she was absolutely perfect for me, gothic, slim and a lovely face, not to mention a great personality) and that's when she told me that she was seeing someone else. She hasn't talked to me since.

5. Twernmilt

Twernmilt What's a Dremel?

Relationships aren't worth it, get a plant. I've had a relationship broken up before, my first one in fact, and i did not enjoy it, i would advise you leave it alone. And this girl is not the only one like her in the world, you have a few billion other chances or so. And i agree with the not rushing in thing, my second of two relationships was with a girl on a rebound and needless to say from my first comment it is not advisable.

6. Uncle Psychosis

Glad to see pessimism is still alive in this day and age :)

Remember foks: girls kick ass

Sam

7. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

well it's not exactly billions... i mean if you want a chick that's intelligent, beautiful, compatible with you, same age, lives in your corner of the world etc... you don't actually have a whole lot of chicks to choose from. well chances are, you'll only meet a couple of chicks that are "the one" in your lifetime.
    If she's "the one", you might want to get on that one. :D But the boyfriend might be a problem, so i recommend hiring an assassin...:naughty: Or you could just wait for them to get fed up of each other. :thumb:

8. Uncle Psychosis

I'm feeling blunt today, so, erm, I'm going to be blunt.

The original poster gives me the impression that hes pretty young, and that hes not got much experience with the fairer sex (no offence mate, thats just the impression I got). I think at that stage you're very unlikely to have met "the one", and the expression "plenty more fish in the fish shop" should apply :)

On the other hand, I may be talking pants, in which case you have my humblest apologies.

Sam

9. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I see your point there.

:worried:

10. Dogg

Dogg What's a Dremel?

think about this too--- if you split them up ---

what is to stop someone else from splitting you guys up if you do start dating?

---been there--- done that --- :waah:

indeed.

11. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

No offense, but I doubt that she will go out with you. Why? This line...

She thinks I'm adorable, and very sweet

You've passed the boundary of dating and went straight to friendship. I guarantee that if you asked her on a date (even if she wasn't already with someone), she would say no.

12. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

[Jeff mode]

The zone has a new king..... but he shall rule aloooonnnne"

[/Jeff mode]

13. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

LMAO :hehe:

...cheers for that one eddie

14. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

:confused:

15. Twernmilt

Twernmilt What's a Dremel?

I believe he is refering to "the friend zone" where a man can no longer be a lover to the woman, but i could be wrong. i wasnt sure the first time i read it either.

P.S. i'm suprised no one said Welcome ot the forums.

16. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

LMAO
    that's great.

17. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

I told you before Dad, you have to watch coupling on BBC America... ;)

18. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Okay, makes sense... But who's Jeff?

19. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

A character from an EXTREMELY funny (british, of course) TV show called Coupling, Jeff is a welsh guy in that series.

20. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Ah. Gotcha. Actually Coupling was exported to the US on NBC, but was cancelled after the 1st month.