1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The Smartwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 6 Sep 2013.

1. Guest-17499

Guest-17499 Guest

It'll be interesting to see how far the resale value drop when the next gen watches come out

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Really depends what kind of release schedule Apple are targeting. Are they going to do a yearly release, but with a minor "S" version every other time? Or will they space it out longer, but make each new model a radical overhaul? New territory, so nobody knows!

3. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Well-Known Member

im hoping its every 2 years or more but knowing apple the current yearly update for most things seems likely will have to see.

I keep wondering how they will do yearly updates for it as short of software the revisions can only be minor and even huge devotees im hoping wont upgrade their watch unless there is a really good update

EDIT: reading the first round of reviews looks like the straps on the sport one are changeable so Im happy with this fact as not sure i would enjoy the sport strap 24/7

Last edited: 13 Apr 2015
  4. crazyg1zm0

Kickstater for the lunatik Epic watch case just came out so as my apple watch is on order i jumped at the offer ordering the plack one with matching link band and sport band.

[​IMG]

5. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Well-Known Member

Not quite a fully fledged smart watch but I'm looking eagerly at the Asus Vivowatch. £120 and 10-day battery life, apparently.

6. crazyg1zm0

oo 10 day battery life does sound good i will say

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Do not trust that Lunatik watch to deliver the hardware at all. They have zero track record.

8. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Battery life will be crap till a company makes a decent battery. Battery tech is 10-15 years behind where it needs to be in today's world. I'd love to see the difference between a AA battery from say 2000 and today's version from the same company.