1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Thing 2011

Discussion in 'General' started by BRAWL, 8 Dec 2011.

1. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Watched it the other day I'm a fairly big fan of ye olde The Thing movie (Circa 1982)... what does everyone else think of it?

2. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Not bad, but not awesome either... Something from the between.

The older one was much better to be honest (seen it few times), but at least I could recommend to watch the "The Thing (2011)" first for everyone who haven't seen the one which was made in 1982, and aftert you've seen the new one, watch the older one. Propably best if you watch them in one go :)

3. TheJackal

TheJackal Getting Old

new one is not to bad old one is my fav

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I still hold the original in extremely high regard and consider it to be one of the best sci-fi horrors of all time.

Going to go see the new one on Sunday evening just to get it over and done with. :)

5. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

it was the going to resuscitate him bit in the old move was the best. the new one is oky but in no way as good as the old one. very much like Omen new is not good as the old one. wish Hollywood would get creative and do some thing new that is good and not a re-doing some thing that was grate.

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Seeing it Weds, so I'll fill you in then :)

7. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I'm glad to see people are saying "It's good, but it isn't 82" That's how I feel... Some of the throw back... i.e. splitface made me suddenly realise how much more scary this creature is due to CGI.

SPOLIER

Only bit I had an issue with, is the last part... Suddenly 100,000 year old Space Ship... still works right? Wait, whut?

Infact there is one other bit that truly made me **** my pants slightly... Jonas, when the arm thing latches onto his face... then Kate goes back and looks at him, I'm not sure if he's actually aware of whats going on... it's the one big that made me cringe.

Last edited: 9 Dec 2011
  8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

just saw this tonight, better then I thought it would be but lacking the tension that the original is so famous for.

9. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

For me its a nice add on to the original story, rather have this have the original remade.

There's bits I want to pick on that confused the later story but thats just what I like to do for showing off about films, enjoyed it

10. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

It wasn't too bad, my one real gripe was that the CGI looked just like CGI. It was too bright for starters and correct me if I'm wrong here but during the end credits sequence, didn't the dog escaping from the Norwegian camp look different from the dog from the start of the 1982 version? Not helped by the use of part of the chase sequence from the JC film so it realy showed the difference.
    On the whole not too bad, I supose the likleyhood is anyone trying a film like this with a shape shifting and morphing creature would have to use CGI, they simply wouldn't have the budget/time to do full scale on set anamatronics like the 1982 version and besides back them they didn't have any other way of doing the effects.

I'll look forward to seeing both films back to back once the 2011 version gets a Blu Ray release.