1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress THE TRILOBYTE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 21 Sep 2019.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

As John Cleese would say, "Ali, but thats completely different to your 100% hand made stuff".
    Well yeah John, Am gonna give some "Automation a chance of helping me to make a replicable case.
    Yes I know, I am the preacher of "Handmade is man made". But you know the reasons for that. I never want to go to a contest or live challenge against a CNC or 3D printer or laser or what nots.
    And thats exactyl what I am always doing, taking a knife to a gunfight.

Anyway, enough bla bla, It is certainly fun seeing parts which I would need hours n days for being made within minutes and hours and perfectly exact. Yes sitting at the PC designing them for the last few weeks was a pain in the neck but not comparable to hand on and toolimng everything.
    When this case is finished, it will be replicable within hours which is exactly what all my preaching is about.
    While I understand the seduction of getting instant results, It should not change my mind set.

So, that jargon about handmade and machine made was just because I know everyone will say hey ALI, thats against your philosophy.
    DSCN1652.JPG DSCN1654.JPG DSCN1655.JPG

censored_Prometheus_ likes this.
  2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Nope. A cnc is like a masochistic assistant that works while you eat. The best time/eye/hand-saving purchase I ever made.