1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL The Weekend Thread Wahoo! :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-44432, 6 Apr 2013.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Morning all! :)

I thought I would start a thread about what peeps have planned for the weekend(s).
    Whether it's work, play, lazing etc. :D

So here's how my weekend is starting - Finished work this morning at 5am from a night shift up to Lichfield and back.

Now that my Missus and little girl has got out of bed, the plans have been set! - The Missus is taking our littlen to her sisters, where her Partner 'the football hoolagon' Will have the kids. The wife's are off out with their mother for some Saturday afternoon Bingo! :)

This leaves me all day too, tinker, break things, blow things up, and just generally do what a man has to do! Lol :D

Sunday: We're all off to the in-laws, as the tickets for our Orlando trip etc, has just turned up at theirs, so we will be going over for a lovely roast dinner, whilst me and my father in law will be knocking back a few bacardi and coke, before we both fall asleep in front of the open fire! :D

Perfect weekend! :D

So what are you peeps up to? :)

David likes this.
  2. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Same as every weekend, working! Have only had 1 weekend off in the last two years, and that's when I took two weeks holiday off. Working back shifts both nights, yay for a social life.

Sorry for a negative first reply :)

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

That's OK - Sounds a bit like my old life style, before I changed jobs. Took a £10K PA pay cut, but I have a much better Quality of life, which I'm more happier with.

Money is money at the end of the day - What's the point in earning it all, if you don't have the social life or time to spend it? (That's of course, whether you have no choice, but to work all hours to make ends meet!) :)

David likes this.
  4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I'm still in bed, which is a godsend when you have a young child. Later I'm taking delivery of an electric leather recliner and a laptop to tinker with. I'm sure a good few hours will be spent outside if the weather warms up a touch.

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I know that feeling! :D

Though my 4yr old is good at laying in! It's great fun when I get home in the morning's to wake everyone up. My littlen hates getting up in the morning - she usually ends up screaming at me, and then shouts to Mummy, saying "I'm not going to nursery, I'm tired!" Lol (Can't wait till she has to start going school 5 days a week! :worried:) :D

6. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Trouble is, i usually end up doing all the stuff i cant get sorted in the week (one of the few that still has a job).

Lucky im home now and everything sorted, so Crysis3 rerun i think now with fixes :)

I certainly feel for people that work weekends aswel, atleast i get some time for myself, which is nice.

but no doubt i will spend most of the time here clicking refresh on this forum every 5 minutes

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Sounds like a plan! :)

Haha - Sounds like me hitting the refresh, waiting for something interesting to crop up! :D

PabloFunky likes this.
  8. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Haha. Good to know I'm not the only one who is a manic 'refresher'!

Misses is away all weekend so it's just me a d the dog. Once I drag myself out of bed and take her for a walk, it will be a weekend of gaming for me :) misses going away was short notice - if I had known I would of tried to get some tickets to gadget show live for over the weekend, but alas both Saturday and Sunday is now sold out :(

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Nothing beats the piece and quiet when the Wife/GF is away! Rather than every five minutes "Are you coming off that now?" "You've been on it for an hr!" Whilst shes sat there on FB with her Laptop... :rolleyes::D

10. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Dam i have some time, all ive done with it, is refresh so far and play around with my NXT hue,
    Currently running it in Pinky purple (coz i can).

Will be changing a few compression fittings, as i keep putting it off.

11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

That's the only problem with watercooling - It becomes a big job to empty the loop and dry everything. Starts to become a chore... :D

12. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

This is my life. Glad to know we are all in the a similar boat :D

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Will be getting stuff sorted today reading to move back up to University tomorrow. Also hopefully getting a bit of work done.
    Then tomorrow I'll be spending half the day travelling and the other half unpacking most likely :p

I'm sure I'll be able to fit in some Don't Starve as well though :D

14. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

The sun is shining, the misses & kids have gone to see the grandparents so it's some gardening and maybe later a beer :beer:

15. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

I will most likely work on my bachelor's thesis and try to read for exam which is next Friday. What troubles me is the fact I just got my copy of Hitman:Absolution and remembered how much fun it is to assassinate targets... :D

Oh, and the sun is shining so I might spend an hour or two outside since spring has finally arrived here in Finland too. :clap:

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I think we're all in the same boat, just some are not as open as others. :D

Rather you than me! Good luck with the trip up! Hopefully if there are any road works, and a main route or junction is closed, they might be bothered to put up the diversion signs, rather than leaving it a mystery to all other road users! (Not like the other night, when they decided to close Jct 3a on the M42, and not put up any diversion signs, so everyone ends up heading to London on the M40...):D

No! Not the gardening! - Beer first! Then have a look at it, have a think, then have another beer. Then when the missus comes home, you have an excuse! "Sorry love - It was a Man's thing! I thought I'd have a beer or 2 or 5, and then get motivated to do the garden. As it turns out, I'm too drunk to do anything!" :D

Two things can come of it - Depending what sort of character your missus is! 1, See could see the funny side, and take's advantage of you, in which you become engulfed in a WIN WIN situation:naughty:, or 2, You'll be in the dog house, hearing about it for a month, whilst she shames you to her friends.:grr:) :D

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Cool - I really like Hitman! One of my favorite games. :)

You don't go outside, do you? :worried::D

18. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Revision, just did basketball practice, and have a game tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

19. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Cool! - More active than most will be this weekend! :D

20. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

As she went out last night and got the beer :thumbup: you know all is well with the world :D