1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ah, I see, cheers chaps. I was reading it right and wrong at the same time. :)

2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

No more Tanks for me for a few days. I broke my PC last night and replacement parts won't be coming until Saturday. :waah:

3. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Cheers to 1Marine1 and Everydayoddity for some epic games last night.

I believe we went 6 wins for 6?

4. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Was some awesome games.

only 3k off my Jagd! :D

5. Krikkit

Tip for the Jagdpanther: Upgrade tracks, engine and radio, but stop at the 88 L71, the ammo costs for the 105mm put it right on the border of being profitable. Research it for use with the Ferdie, but with the L71 I make about 20-25k/battle, with the 105mm I do more damage (not much more mind) but usually break even on credit cost with marginal XP gain.

Maybe it's me being a noob, but I do much better with the 88 L71 which is a good gun for the tiers you face in the Jagdp. :)

6. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

All good matey, was a good laugh. Definitely the best way to play the game is in 'toons, much more fun!

7. Lance

The 105 is a great cannon, but I will take a look tonight at my spending pattern with it. I didn't really pay that much attention.

Also I say my first T-50 2 yesterday, and DAMN it was FAST!!!!

Thankfully it didn't hang around to kill my Jdpanzer4 but if it had I think it would have pecked me to death.

8. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I'd agree with you on that one. With a TD you need the accuracy to shoot the weakest part of whatever side your enemy shows to you to make your shots count. You dont have the luxury of a turret to move around the target and make the extra damage count somewhere else. Also the RoF is killer when the JP uses the 88mm :D

9. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Is it wierd that I'm excited to go back home and get it now? XD

I may focus abit more on the getting the upgrade on the A-20 tonight...T-34 is it?

I'm just sick to death of it, its an awful tank with awful armour...

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Its main defence is its speed, and if you're shooting stuff with it, then you're doing it wrong...

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I'm not shooting stuff with it, I know I'm supposed to move around in it.

But its the defense...its awful...At least on the Leopard for example you have a medium defense instead of being blown to pieces.

12. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

I have the A20 and T34 on the go at the moment. With the A20 there's basically no point in shooting anything unless you get right in close behind a lone SPG and can keep away from his gun giving you enough time. Other than that, the spud guns it has available are woeful.

The T34 is a different kettle of fish entirely, you can actually do some damage with it. Worth bearing in mind that it's pretty sluggish out of the blocks so worth saving some free XP for when you first get it.

13. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Well finally got up to halfway (i.e. Tier 5) with a PzIII/IV and i'm quite impressed. Recently everything has felt a bit poo after the glorious fun of the Marder II (i freaking LOVE that TD!)

I hated my T-28 at first but i recently got the big 85mm(?) gun and omg it's almost overpowered it hits so hard. My first heavy will be following soon i imagine.

P.S. Having never 'tooned up with anyone...ever...how is it? Does it grant any other bonuses or is it just shed loads more fun?

14. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Toon can definitely be fun but the voice comms is a smidge sensitive so you need to sort your settings first if you intend to use it. I'm probably the worst tank driver here so I don't know how much difference it would make if you had, for example, 3 mediums in a platoon. It's been fun focussing fire on a platoon mate's advance as artillery though. Not overly successful but definitely more fun :p

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Jagd is awful...Or I can't drive it...:(

16. Krikkit

It's a tricky beast to drive - you've got to pick your battles very carefully and know when to run away from the heavies that you inevitably encounter in it. Don't forget the bigger tanks are gunning for you now, because firstly you're a bit dangerous with decent armament (JgdpzIV only has the L56 88 which isn't really a tower of penetration) and secondly because, for most folks, you're an easy kill.

That, and all highish-tier tanks are utterly crap until you upgrade them, I haven't enjoyed my first battle in a T7+ tank for a long old time.

17. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Well I'm going to gun for the A-20 upgrade tonight then maybe get Elite on it to convert some Xp ^.^ Then use that for my Jagd :D

18. Lance

Its actually alright once you get used to it.

Remember to put the accurate gun on it, and then use it to snipe from afar. Don't go pushing in (as I often do) because it gets you killed. The best place to be is about 100-200 meters behind the main push supporting their attacks.

19. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

There's not really any in game bonus to 'tooning, but its a simple equation: 3 vs x is always better than 1 vs x.

If you're doing it right (and its also the most fun way) then you try and have vaguely similar tank/tiers. so either 3 lights to fly around together, 3 meds/heavies together, or 2 tanks and a TD or SPG sitting and supporting you. Then you work together, and in almost all circumstances, this means that the balance swings in your favour. How many times when soloing do you think 'I'll push left' only to realise 3 mins later you're on your own against 3/4 other tanks, and your dumbass team have all rushed together one way? With 'toons, this doesn't happen, or at least happens less, as you're always 3 vs however many. I've found this also means that more solo-ers follow you, which evens the odds even more. This generally means you die less, and kill more, which means more xp and cash. Which is aaaaaaaaaaaall good!

What Tier are you on atm? we've got guys who 'toon from T4 upwards, so jump on in next time you're on.

20. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

The Marder II is a beauty of a tank. It might be low level, but it's definitely a keeper for me.