1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Thanks, I'll give it a go once the updates have been installed.

Ta very muchly indeed sir! That works a treat!

Last edited: 20 Dec 2011
  2. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Ok, been playing the 7.1 test server a fair bit. The French tanks are AWESOME! They're quick, have terrible armour, but the guns are excellent. They can fire 6 shots very rapidly, then have to reload the magazine, which takes a while and means you'll need to plan carefully, but the destructive power of two or three Bat Chatillon 28t in a wolf-pack makes the T54 wolf-pack look tame.

3. brooksy

brooksy What's a Dremel?

I thought french tanks could only retreat or surrender.:rolleyes: Mike

4. Marvin-HHGTTG

5. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

thats not true. they can also collaberate with the enemy :D

extra combat rations in a french tank will likely be a white flag :naughty:

in other news...sherman grind :wallbash:

6. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

Yeah I had the same problem too but I had luckily back up my game the day before.

I downloaded the latest ones and put the files in carefully, a couple of files at a time.

Everything works but when loading battles there are only a few tank icons there and some replaced with file paths and some just blank.

I'm just gonna leave it like that because I don't want it to **** up again by playing around.

Also, anyone got a working skins pack that works? When I load one in, it just sits at "Updating Garage" every time I try to run the game.

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I make all my own skins so couldn't really say if 7.0 has affected them sorry. However they could now cause issues with the camo stuff that been implemented.

8. Marvin-HHGTTG

Most of the skins work fine with a couple of exceptions (where the models have been physically changed outwardly, not just the 16 part armour system added), including (but not limited to) the T29 (the turret messes up) and the IS3 (same thing on the stock turret).

Most of the camo overlays that have been implemented lay over the top and look fine (they obscure the original skin) although some look quite funky where the skin shows through. Generally though they just provide some variety.

9. Grimloon

AFAIK there's one of the high end arty with a similar magazine arrangement. Do I ever want to have a go with that! 6 rounds in 20 seconds and then a 2 minute reload is what I seem to remember being quoted in the past. Depending on the reload speed from the magazine you might even be able to get more than one shell in the air at a time. That's going to put a serious dampener on someone's day. Here Mausy, Mausy...I have a present (or few) for you! :naughty:

10. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

I'm guessing that there'll be an accuracy hit almost as bad as traversing after each firing?
    However it'll will be a fearsome beast when cornered as last man standing.

11. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

OK I tried complete re-install and got about 3 games in. Added MOD folder back in and crashed every time after that. Removed MOD folder and still crashed.
    If this is MOD related then unfortunately this is a game breaker for me as I am colour blind particularly in the red green spectrum.

If there has been a fix for this can somebody please point me in the right direction.

Bushi I am not really understanding your fix. I also have a back up of my entire WoT folder.
    What do you mean by adding the files back in carefully?

12. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I think he means add in 1 mod, test it, add in the next, test it and so on.

13. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Ah thanks, I only use 1 mod and even then it crashed with none enabled.

Edit. Just put ticket in.
    Great I get to miss the x5 experience, that sucks balls.

Last edited: 21 Dec 2011
  14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

acording to the forums a few people are working on a working colour blind mod for 7.0.

To be honest I don't see why they don't just change officially, it wont affect non-colour blind people and will allow those who are to enjoy the game without having to rely on mods.

15. Grimloon

I did a bit of digging for info about the French tanks and apparently it'll be the Lorraine 155 50/51 (tiers 7 and 8 SPG) that have the revolver style magazine and the refire rate will be 6 shots in around 40 seconds. The Bat-Chatillon 155 (tier 6) is supposed to be turreted - oh yeah! :D

The AMX-50B looks truly evil as well - 4 round mag, 300 damage and 280 mm penetration with AP! Add on top of that the fact that it looks pretty blooming accurate (aim time is way low) and it shifts at a top speed of 60 kmh this thing is going to be a hit and run king! :jawdrop:

The downside is that they're glass cannons, only 30 mm side armour and 100 mm frontal.

16. Marvin-HHGTTG

Unless I'm very much mistaken there's a colour blind mod option in the settings on 7.0. Unless this doesn't work for you in some way?

17. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Oh if there is then that is good, but it doesn't stop the fact that my game is crashing to screen with or without mods enabled.
    :sigh:

18. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Have you tried a 100% clean install?

19. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Yes and trying again :/

Sent from Bittech Android app

20. bushi

bushi What's a Dremel?

Do a full clean install. Backup the folder so you don't have to do a full clean install ever again.

Then the mod which should only be about 4 or 5 files - Put one file in at a time, testing a game with a shitty tank one file after the other so you can narrow it down to a certain file.

It worked for me. If it comes to the point where the ingame option doesn't work well for you, let me know and I'll zip up the working files that I'm using and send to you.

Booga likes this.