1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

According to news from the 7.1 test the type 59 is getting it's battle tier raised by 1 to try and stop the continued slaughterfests in tier 5-7 battles when you get 3+ type 59's at the top

2. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

I can confirm they make life very very hard for a Tier 5 Medium :wallbash:

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

its funny, they are raising the t59s battle teir, and on the wotforums the t59 drivers are up in arms
    'WHAT I CAN I DO AGAINST SOMEONE 2 TEIRS ABOVE ME WTF' etc etc etc
    however...teir 5s are regularly drawn up agasint them ( 3 teirs above )

to be honest the game is getting increasingly top heavy, and alot of players are giving up at teir 5 because they are almost always being used as cannon fodder for the upper teir games.
    its not fun being the bottom feeder in most matches, being fed to the upper teir match after match. being bottom of the table once in a few matches is normal, but every match is kinda silly.

4. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Agree. I kinda feel bad when i oneshot vk3601´s in my E-100:worried:

5. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

The reason you're put at the bottom of the matches is because the match maker also takes skill level/average XP etc into account, so better players are put in worse matches.

6. Cellular Peptide

Cellular Peptide What's a Dremel?

I am glad some other players on Bittech feel the same way about this tank.

It is a sensible assumption that a tank still used by the Chinese Army today might have a small advantage over its WW2 counterparts.

If there was to be a Chinese tank in the game then why was the Type 58 (The first Chinese tank manufactured) not introduced into the game?

A point was raised in the official forum in response to Type 59 posts that no one complains about the T-54. Well the reason why I dont complain about that tank is because in 3000 games I have yet to see one! Also, I have the greatest respect for anyone who has taken it upon themselves to grind the Russian medium branch.

Anyway, the games going to be changed so I'll leave at that. I hope I can encourage my friends to return after the patch.

7. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

The whining about the T-54 when it got released was much more than the whining now about the Type 59. Most of the T59 drivers complaining about higher vehicles are the same guys that whined about the T59 being higher than them, until they bought one.

I've often been the little guy in a lot of battles, but I did my best to learn to play each tank to its strengths. From experience I can tell you that you can still be overwhelmed in a T9/10 depending on the battle & map. For example, if 4 T30s focus fire on another T30, they'll kill him in one volley, regardless of what support he has around him, there's always something more badass than you.

8. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Being one of those that own a Type 59 can I firstly point out they are not the uber tank they are claimed to be and have a great many faults namely they are under powered, the gun is inaccurate at range and they are prone to ammo rack hits resulting in instant death, however as others have pointed out you tend to be fighting players that firstly have a great many hours of WoT game play under their belts and secondly fight the Type 59 to it's strengths; as you should any tank in the game.

Personally I'd take the T44 over a Type 59 any day as they are both faster, not prone to one shot ammo rack kills and pack a better gun; if the Type 59 is made a tier 9 trust me it will be a piss poor one as a result of it.

So what's next to moan about the T44???

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Dec 2011
  9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Nope, net moan is the continued one about the T-50, T-50-2, VK2801 and Chaffee :p

10. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Wait until you encounter the AMX 13 90 then :lol:

11. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Meh you arty pukes ;) :hehe:

12. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

pffffff...whiners....

Solution....get a bigger tank, or a kv with a DERP, nothing more funny than popping a t59 with some HE lovleyness.

The thing with the t59 is that its very bouncy, you have to know where to hit it. At the end of the day its a game and its there to be fun.

And ill have no talk about nerfing the t50-2, that would make LoveDaddy cry and stop the "everyone must have a t50" campaign.

13. Cellular Peptide

The Type 59 should go up a tier.

As to why it took 7 shots in the case I have listed above to kill one........is because its got 1200 HP, which is totally insane for a tank drawn against Tier 5 and 6!

The only reason why people are moaning, is because now the biggest advantage of the tank...........the matchmaker is being nerfed. Of course they will feel disgruntled, particulary if they have paid 25 notes for an in game item which offers an incredible advantage.

I salute Wargaming for seeing sense, that new players mean new revenue, digruntled players who give up at Tier 5 do not generate any revenue. This nerf is for the good of the game. Players should think less about themselves and more about what is better for the game. revenue to support long term game development is so important.

I guess the Type 59 silver harvesters are now going to have to work harder. :thumb:

One of the greatest challenges with WOT is the balance due to the huge leap in technology from the war years to post war. I think if relatively new tanks from the second half of the 20th century are going to be introduced perhaps there should be a matchmaker which only pits post war vs post war tanks. This will allow the game to continue to grow, with additional tiers. This model may even allow tanks from the present day.

14. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

If you meet me in a T44 you'll squeal even louder is all I will say :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

15. Cellular Peptide

I dont have a problem with Type 59, my issue is with friends who leave games because they say they are unbalanced. No one in their right mind plays a game which they cannot win. What makes me feel disgruntled is when my friends tell me the game is unbalanced and then they have to prove it to me as a result of me being blinded by the quality of the game content.

I myself would put up with any mud thrown at me from the developers because I have a genuine interest in tanks. I've been waiting for a game like it since I was six years old! It is unfortunate that not everyone thinks like me and as a result a hardcore player base of only a few thousand players isnt enough to keep games like this up and running. Eventually they will close down particulary if poor decisions are made regarding the game mechanics.

As for the T-44.....never had a problem with it. In the games I play I rarely see it and when I do.......its on its own and vulnerable to side shots due to poor hull armour. Hitting the Type 59 inbetween the wheels is much more difficult task due to its more slender side profile.

Last edited: 29 Dec 2011
  16. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

You've hit the nail on the head however...

WoT is a tank simulation not space invaders on tracks, it requires an element of skill not just the biggest and the best as some might like to think.

17. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

This. Sounds like your mates are useless. No offence to them, but before the Type 59 was on the scene, T5 and T6 tanks were always shoved in T8/T9 games, except those would be heavy tanks most of the time, not mediums which are at least easy to kill from a penetration point of view.

Best bet when playing T5 & 6 is to get the best penetration gun you can, and if you're medium, pick out the other team's lower tanks, tank destroyers and artillery, and if you're heavy, the KV, KV1S and KV3 are more than capable of taking on T8s and doing serious damage if you're careful (I've killed a Tiger II single handed in my KV with the 107mm, because I was careful and the Tiger II was complacent and stupid), while the T1 Heavy and M6 are great at taking out fairly high tier mediums, and doing flank attacks due to their speed.

As 23RO says, the Type 59s aren't actually that bouncy. Sure, the front is, but at what point should you expect to penetrate a Tier 8 tank from the front? Getting side-in shots on a Type 59 isn't hard, and they're pretty soft there too. I used to deal with them by tracking them while they were at speed, then sticking shots into their now exposed sides. If you have others with you, they won't last long. Type 59s only remain alive if they remain moving, due to their very exposed ammo rack.

As for going up a tier? A Type 59 is a crap version of a T-54 as it has worse speed, a worse gun and worse tracks. Putting it as the same tier is just thick. Besides, Wargaming would not, and will not release any premium tanks that jump to T9 because of the implications that has.

Also, remember that those who are put in the top tier of a T8 led game, where most of the tanks are T5 & 6 are not that good/have terrible average XP, and so should be easy to kill anyway.

18. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Actually the rumor is that the T34 is remaining at tier 9 when it gets changed into a premium, that being said, it's at a disadvantage against other tier 9s anyway.

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

from what ive heard, it isnt acually being moved up a teir, its just getting a different matchmaking now, bringing it closer to tanks its own teir, and allowing it to ( finally) fight teirX
    this shouldnt cause an issue tbh, as the teirX tanks tend to be rather slow ( exept the IS7) and can easily be taken on in a med ( you can run circles around him all day )

20. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

The IS-7 isn't actually all that fast - it gets to 30kph fairly quickly then anything over that takes a long time and ideal conditions. The T30 is more maneuverable.

Any T10 driver worth his salt will hug a wall/cliff/obstruction when being attacked by meds, so that they can't circle him.