1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster There goes my brand new EPOX

Discussion in 'Modding' started by tigermain, 21 Aug 2001.

1. tigermain

tigermain What's a Dremel?

After a few days of testing a Silver Mountain, I decided it was far too noisy and decided to replace it with a Silverado. (yes I like the word silver). But as I went to install the new HSF, I realised there was a minor problem !!!

THE BLOODY ZIFF CLIP FOR THE HSFs HAD BEEN RIPPED OFF BY THE SILVER MOUNTAIN !!! ARGH !!!! So my epox 8k7a+ is no more !

[​IMG] - [edit: shrank image]

Larger version:http://www.moddin.net/images/gallery/tigermain/DSCF0063.jpg

2. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

that's so harsh - a mobo being made redundant just because the zif socket broke :(

I have 2 suggestions - try and get a new ZIF socket...but god knows if and how that would work, or alternatively, but a cooler such as that Zalman one that fixes using screws and not the zif socket - it's a good cooler too - quiet and made of copper - there's an article on bit-tech somewhere, I'm sure Koolvin will provide a link shortly...

3. ion

ion What's a Dremel?

nonono it aint broke!! just get a paperclip and bend into a triangle to fit round two remaining pins, twist until tight and adjust so it exerts the correct pressure, then thread thro the hole on cooler clip :)

4. ::nox|silicon::

::nox|silicon:: What's a Dremel?

get a Heatsink that mounts though the holes next to the socket (Cubeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Swiftech MC462A or something like that)!!

5. tigermain

tigermain What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys for the suggestions ! but luckilu epox should be shipping it back to me any day now !