1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermaltake Xpressar RCB400 Series – The bay-drive unit refrigeration system for PC

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Guest-16, 26 Jan 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Oh gawd... Thermaltake really dont know what their letting themselves in for.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

That has fail written all over it.

4. naokaji

naokaji whatever

No surprise considering it's from the same company that sells GPU waterblocks with a fan on top:D

5. hazed100

hazed100 What's a Dremel?

£300 to £400 per unit??? and in the utube video in that link they have a PC running 2 units (one for cpu and one for video card) which take up 8 X 5.25inch drive bays!!

cooling temps achieved are quoted at "able to reach 27~29 degrees in room temperature" which i didnt think sounded great (my quad core Q6600 regularly stabilises around 32C(browsing etc)~39C(gaming at 1920x1080 high details) and its just air cooled(arctic pro7) in a tight LC17 Silverstone HTPC case) but if this new fridge unit does indeed outstrip all the other cooling methods(?) as said in the article then it must be a contender for those wanting maximum cooling surely?.

I know thermaltake have made some strange solutions before that barely worked but they have produced some good stuff too, why do you you guys think it has "fail written all over it"?
    I think youre right of course!!:D price is extortionate and i couldnt afford it or fit it in my case! and I would also suspect condensation issues with any form of refrigeration in a hot PC in our living rooms etc but surely the rich enthusiasts will still go with whatever does the best job regardless of any longer term risk wont they?
    maybe they have combined some sort of de-humidifier in it somewhere?

guess im wondering why "no good" if the claims seem so....well, good?

Last edited: 26 Apr 2009
  6. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

The reason it has fail written all over it is because Thermaltake cant even get the comparitively simple premise of watercooling done properly, with mixed metal kits that are very prone to failure (google "thermaltake acrylic crack" or "thermaltake pump failuire" for a nice selection of horror stories).

theres a reason why phase change cooling has been an art exclusive to pro overclockers and benchers; it's messy, complicated, risky and potentially dangerous. For TT to try and make it available to any noob might seem a good idea, but im willing to bet money they'll pull it from the shelf when the first wave of "zomg my expressar killed my *insert component here*" emails start flooding in.

7. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

I would like to see bit review this.

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

FAIL

Is NOT a valid review ;) :p

9. Matticus

Matticus ...

Even though this is hella old (in internet terms). I don't see why people say this is going to fail.

Yes it is going to be complete turd like all thermaltake products, but they know their market. They make random crap that makes ill informed "enthusiasts" with more money than sense go all gooey and buy it without taking into account anything else.

They fail at products, but they win on making money out of crap.

10. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

Phase change cooling out the box plug n play so to speak could be a win if it works well.
    Like the rest i suspect FAIL but would like to see this work great.

11. Hidetaka

Hidetaka What's a Dremel?

Can't wait for enthusiastic user reviews at [H] xD

12. jls25

jls25 CatfishSoup

haha i agree with this guy. totally laughed at that. i have been a bit disappointed with thermaltake for a while now. nothing new, nothing creative, and over priced a bit as well.

13. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Thermaltake, knowing full well the Xaser IV was ugly and still insisting it be made of aluminum.

14. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

Thermaltake Xaser is NOT ugly... -.-

15. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.