1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things like this make me ashamed to be British

Discussion in 'Serious' started by iknowgungfu, 21 Sep 2011.

1. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

2. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

i've been attacked before by people who felt gayness can be beaten out.
    i sincerely hope they get put in prison.

mvagusta likes this.
  3. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

I hadn't seen this - it's absolutely disgusting! I hope they get caught, people like that shouldn't be out on the streets.

mvagusta likes this.
  4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Wow - it took four of them to attack a couple, and I bet they think they are the macho ones.

Horrible.

mvagusta likes this.
  5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Don't mean to be a dick here, but you'd have never guessed those guys being attacked were gay..:worried:

6. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I can't see what happened due to restrictions Apple has put in place.

I liked it last time I saw a vid of some chavs trying to beat up some gay guys, and the chavs got slammed! Shame that apparently hasn't happened here.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It shouldn't matter though. Just as it shouldn't matter if you were walking down the street for being Asian, Black, Greek (;)) or whatever.

I don't get beaten up in Taiwan for being a minority or in a mixed-race relationship. The worst I've had is people staring. The UK is a first world country for **** sake - that **** shouldn't happen.

G0UDG likes this.
  8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Welcome to civilization, where you can still have your teeth kicked in for any reason at all. Religion, sexual orientation, race, and wearing the wrong football jersey are all valid reasons to be careful when you're out and about. Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic but I'm not really shocked, to be honest. Though I do wonder how the attackers would have reacted if the victims had been an attractive lesbian couple.

I guess the only thing we can do is keep leading by example. Hate breeds hate, so I'm doing my part by demonstrating acceptance whenever possible.

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

To be fair you did you did say you had name calling at once point but, especially given how xenophobic the far east can be, Taiwan seems a far more civilised city than London.

10. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I hope the guy on the floor was OK. He took a REAL battering.

How does our society create such attrocities.

mvagusta likes this.
  11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Generally only to other East Asians. They can range from common racism (she looks "thai" is an insult to say she is darker skinned and a lower social status/prostitute, to say someone is "chinese" means they only care about money and wealth and to say someone is "looks Korean" means they have very small eyes and are likely untrustworthy) to being very crass (there's a phrase for dirty foreigner/Westerners that come to TW for sex tourism) and sometimes violent (when a Korean judge denied Taiwan the win in a martial arts tourny, a few people attached their trade embassy. Idiots. :duh: )

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Gogo Team Dip****

Ruining the world for the rest of us.

13. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

14. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

OK taking it way too far. But seriously Nigeria needs to crack down on those scams, I can see why that poor old man got upset.

The whole world is full of evil, its a real shame. The most horrible part is when you realise that a little bit of it is in you. Honestly can you tell me when you saw the london riot looters a small part of you didn't want a free 50" plasma tv?

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

16. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Excellent point, but unfortunately people who believe this are in the minority. Evil comes from people; to think otherwise is to be naïve.

17. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

But it's also known for it's drunken violence.

18. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

I see your point. However, the difference is the choice we make not to do it. I understand some people may not agree with homosexuality as everyone has their opinions. That doesn't mean they should enforce them on others who take a contrary
    view.

19. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I know, don't trust people with beedy eyes either.. that's my worst nightmare though but in reverse.. getting attacked by a bunch of gay guys from behind.. one of them has 'ladyboy' embroidered in his cap

be hard to fight when you have to protect your balls and ass at the same time! even when your doing pull ups wherever.. your probably vulnerable to attack from the back

all kidding aside though.. this kind of thing always gets me- if you don't know somebody- why so hostile? I can see if they tried to grab your ass in the bathrooms and the leprechaun kicked in, you roid raged and they couldn't escape.. then oh well..

think the problem anymore is, not just manners but people don't know their place.. you see it too often.. I'm not saying self esteem is bad- but we award kids anymore for just trying

I never got a trophy playing soccer when our team lost.. we congratulated the other team (no slapping each others ass) with a gg.. practiced our asses off until we became great players even though that took years (well I like to think I was good heheh :D)

gangs I can see.. poor people coming up with nothing I can see.. suburban kids doing this is a problem

I'd even give rich kids a pass over suburban kids, because they live in a different sheltered world.. so they will obviously think they are better than everybody else they meet- and that comes with problems

the suburban kids should be the doctors and teachers, not the future booty bandit of cell block 12 caught with a condom in their ass and a nose full of cocaine (save that for the rich kids) anyone care to share their experience with that? supermonkey? anyone

20. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I'm not sure what experience you're looking for here, but considering the original subject I don't know why you decided to include so many homophobic comments in your post, thehippoz. What exactly do you have against gay people? For that matter, why are you stereotyping just about everyone in your post?