1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Things that make you go...ARRGGHH!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 10 Feb 2012.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Fridges that stop working. It's alarming to open the fridge and find that the water-filter is now filled with purified, crystal clear Ice. Ours isn't getting warmer, oh no, it's getting colder!

2. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Multiple illnesses that affect babies one after the other (Norovirus followed by a stinking cold) and mean that they are miserable and dripping snot everywhere, previously established routine goes to pot and everyone else starts to get miserable and cranky..... plus they can't have anything to debung them apart from salty water up their noses and who'd want that! Olbas oil has limited effect but smells lovely

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

No worries, I appreciate it. Just injecting a personal observation.

Do you think it might be possible to ratify some of the rules that people seem to be breaking? Basically just a tl;dr (i.e short) list of some of the current issues (particular example being the mysogynistic demotes in the demotes thread) and the rules more specific to Bit than your average forum. I think this would make your job easier and I'd personally feel more comfortable if it was clearer what kind of behaviour is considered unacceptable.

I'm guilty of this, however it was gifted to me and I'm considering it as an investment.

4. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Though most of us are adults this is not a +18 forum, I forget that we do have younger members and people have to 'think' before they post.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

We have a fairly exhaustive rule book already, with general forum rules and stickies in practically each sub-forum with rules specific to that forum, and nobody reads them (now we are on the subject of things that make me go ARRGGHH!). So I don't think that writing even more rules is going to work. As I said: we give people fair warning. If they knowingly keep breaking the rules they get banned.

6. Anneon

Anneon What's a Dremel?

- People who don't clean up after their dogs in well trodden places. If you're out in a field miles from footpaths, fine let pooch have at it, but if it's a busy path pick the ****er up!

......this

I have seen the end of the world and we will all drown in a tidal wave of dog s*i%e.

7. MonkeyBoss

MonkeyBoss What's a Dremel?

people who make noises when they eat
    other people rustling crisp packets
    spitting in the streets

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

So many things... Have a few off the top of my head.

People who insist upon being right even when you have proved them to be wrong.

People who label any comment as 'trolling' simply because they don't agree or cannot comprehend any sense of humour but their own.

Idiots who don't use their indicators while driving.

Car scenes in films where you can tell they are in a studio with a moving background behind them. There is no excuse for this in the 21st century. (yes this really does bug me)

9. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Oh god yes! The number of times I've outright wanted to just scream at people for the longest period of time because they refuse to admit they're wrong, even after you've thrown fact after fact at them to prove your point.

10. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Women, then.

:jawdrop:

11. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnn!

12. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

FTFY :D

13. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Fixed That For Both Of You

14. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Hmm.. So if I was to back up true_gamer's statement and add to it that actually, the Environmental Agency is quite deliberately not part of your local council, would you accept that you were wrong?

Edit: Ah, and good old Teelzebub, still bitter that his childish 'rant at the fuzz' topic got burnt down in flames.

15. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

I know the Environmental Agency is not part of the local council :) It's the Environmental Officer at the local council who deals with noise complaints. That was the point I was making :D Well, actually that's debatable anyway because they rarely come out to check anyway :(

16. Teelzebub

I rest my case your honour :hehe:

17. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Ah, right. With you now. :worried:

Anyway, back on topic. I think someone has said it, but people who make a lot of noise when they eat. :miffed:

I fail to see how that proves your point, but if it satisfies you, then I'm happy. :)

18. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

It's called diplomacy dear ;) no need to always throw it in someone's face!

Back on topic
    People who bear grudges :D

19. Teelzebub

People with long pockets and short arms ( tight arse )

20. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

People with with a red face with pointy chin and ears and eyes that spin infinitely...