1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think you can beat THIS??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slyf0z_87, 3 Sep 2003.

1. slyf0z_87

slyf0z_87 What's a Dremel?

i found this guy's PC in a forum...think you can outdo it? 1600MHz increase people,no joke man.

hardocp only managed from 3.2 -4.2 and another to 4.4.
    We all wanna know what kinda cooling is he using but he ain't reply yet.:: :rock:

2. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

OH WOW!!!! THAT'S THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

:eyebrow:

Er...what?

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

my 2.4 can do 3.3 stable on (quiet) air, i would presume with a vapo it could do near 4ghz

although if the ram isnt running 1:1 then a clock speed like that wont do a damn bit of good. could be one of those LN2 people, "look i can get a 1.6GHz overclock, only for 12 secs tho, then i have to refill"

edit: i think what im trying to say is "big deal" :D

4. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

/me remembers the day someone came here to claim their friend had overclocked an 800 Duron to 1.6Ghz with a £5 heatsink :hehe:

An increase of 1.6Ghz is pretty decent by any standards, but with LN2 or Vapochill/Prommy I still reckon it'll be needing a lot of volts which will most likely kill the cpu through electron tunneling (I presume its a P4 from the size of the overclock since an increase 1.6Ghz on an athlonXP appears less likely).

Again though, its gonna need mega cooling and mega volts. One of the best overclocks I've ever seen was a P4 1.6A at 3Ghz, but the chip died after a fortnight ...nice overclock, and very impressive to see that much speed wringed out of a chip, but overclocks of that magnitude are rarely stable or useable for long terms due to the extremes of cooling and voltage needed to reach them.

My 2p :)

5. Mister_Tad

i think most of the time is is just done for the "look at me" factor, not really usable

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

waste of time clocking it so it dies within a few weeks, why waste a good CPU which is only going to last for about a month by overclocking it that 200mhz too much or so :blah:

I believe in heavy overclocking, but to a stage where you aren't going to kill the CPU within 12 months of overclocking it....

7. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

IMO you should really only over clock your processor if you first (obviously) have good cooling and its reliable oc. Like take 2.4 and make it 3 or 3.2 Or a 3 and make it 3.6 or such I mean something that will have it last a while and put out great preformance. Anything else is just a waste..:idea: :thumb:

8. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

My 2700+ could reach 2511mhz at a high voltage of 1.95 and this is on air cooling :eeek: but now it has trouble clocking at those sorts of speeds so i have to run stock :(

Only overclock if you need it. TBH ive only seen improvement in 3d mark, in games i see no difference at all.

9. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

All this talk about OCing has me wanting to get my new 2.8C that much quicker. Wonder if I could hit 3.6 with watercooling and have it stable??? :D Guess I'll be giving DangerDen a call as soon as I get it all up and running. :rock:

10. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

yea? i saw a massive increase in game performance going from 1.8 to 2.3gig with my 2500+
    especially in games that have a lot of physics stuff like LFS

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

depends, I've got quite a large overclock for a Thunderbird... but it's not *that* large, in terms of clock speed, what is a big difference is the speed at which my RAM is running at, stock is PC133 2-2-4, its running PC156 2-2-4... I notice a large difference in windows, everything runs so much more speedy and is more responsive :)

12. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

linky ???we need proof

13. Kameleon

Well, it sounds like this guy registered just to tell us that someone somewhere had done something. Seems too good to be true if you ask me ;)

Hang on...this isn't the guy who claimed he was running a 1700+ at 2.8GHz on air, on several other overclocking forums, is it? His screenshots were faker than Jordan's breasts...

14. Mister_Tad

mine will run at 6GHz, you need a special program from adobe to do it, its called photoshop.

faker than jordans breasts, lol
    it cant possibly be that fake

15. Kameleon

I dunno if I'm allowed to link to other forums, but if so this is well worth the click...Jordan's breasts have nothing on this :lol:

16. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

I think a 1.1ghz AMD overclock on a £15 heatsink thats been going fine for the last 6months for only £45 is pretty good tbh.

17. Mister_Tad

oh thats fantastic
    i love it
    220*13=2.8GHz, yes indeed it does :D
    oh deary me, that has just brightened my day right up:D

im sure glad we dont get many like that here though, its funnier to laugh at them on other forums

Last edited: 4 Sep 2003
  18. olv

olv he's so bright

OMG WTF LOL!!"£?? PH33333AAARRRR MY L337 OVERCLOCK ARTGH<ME<E.

[​IMG]

Note: this is a genuine CPU-Zeee screenshot

19. Kameleon

:hehe:

I'm still giggling, actually. Nice one olv :clap:

20. slyf0z_87

slyf0z_87 What's a Dremel?