1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Thinking of heading into London for New Year's

Discussion in 'General' started by earlydoors, 30 Dec 2010.

1. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

So I've read up on the TFL site and the Mayor's site and I've got an evening planned out

Any of you guys headed into London for NY's Eve before and got any general advice?

I'm planning to tube it in on the Northern Line and back out again after the fireworks!

Any advice / thoughts / experiences appreciated!

What are you doing for NY 2011?

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

London on NYE = A bit like HELL.

Full of grubby drunk people who have no idea where they are going. However, if youre in a group and drunk enough, its SO much fun.

I'm skipping the whole fireworks on the river thing and going to a house party instead.

3. j.col

j.col Minimodder

i have also had friends do this, and they said never again.
    they did actually enjoy the fireworks, atmosphere etc... but the huge crowds were bad

4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

This.

After the whole 99/00 NYE in London (mate's parent's pub on Millbank, great view from his room on the 5th floor) it's all seemed a bit rubbish so I go to friend's houses or like last year, I'm going to be ill (and Reading station is only opening for NYE so it'll be a nightmare) and will stay at home possibly communicating with friends at said party via internets.

Things I've learned about NYEs over the years:

they're over-rated;
    they're really expensive;
    they're easily forgotten.

When you do manage to have a really good one it's best to not plan another as you'll just keep being let down by it all. So my advice is to expect it to be a bit rubbish and then if it is, ah well and if it's great - yay! :clap: