1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Thrustmaster T150 steering wheel issue/problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by t4n6o, 25 Oct 2018.

1. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

Hi guys n gals.

Last night a friend and me were playing Project cars on STEAM, all started out great until just setting off from starting grid when his wheel decided to lose all steering abilities and go limp, like its lost all power and has no input. This is not the first time this has happened, it had happened a few days earlier to which he uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them...... seemed to work fine until last night.

I currently have the Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari (same wheel but different colour) and have had no issues.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Tango

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Sounds more like a USB issue. Was there the disconnect chime played by Windows when it happened?

Worth checking the power options in device manager and see if USB sleep/suspend is turned on. If so, just turn it off. I had a similar issue with my Oculus sensors until I figured this out.

t4n6o likes this.
  3. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

I will mention this to him and see what he can look into after work tonight.

Thanks for the advice

4. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Worth checking BIOS/UEFI also. Some motherboards have quite an aggressive USB suspend policy which you can disable - although if it has been working fine and suddenly isn't, then it's less likely to be this.

Windows update (such as the recent one) may have changed some of the power options which might cause these symptoms.

If no joy, and just to rule out a fault with his wheel, take his wheel to yours or your pc to his and test on your computer.