1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thumbnails with flickr?

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Computer Gremlin, 22 Sep 2008.

1. Computer Gremlin

Computer Gremlin What's a Dremel?

I have a 900 x 944 image just under 1 MB for the POTM contest and it is currently on a new account with Flickr. How can I host the image as a click-able thumbnail or can it be directly placed in the forum without any compression? No everyone has broadband so the thumbnail option would be better but Flickr only allows direct linking to the image being hosted. Imageshack has the thumbnail option built-in but it also keeps the image for safekeeping.

The image is a re-sized and converted 2033 x 1991 23MB TIFF file of a large adult great blue heron perfectly mirrored by its reflection in the water. A small uncompressed fragment of the original will be available for comparison. The reward for helping me find a solution to this problem is a picture of an american bittern back-lighted by the sunset.

Edit: Figured out Flickrs image scaling under "All Sizes" and view the URL location, problem considered fixed and no longer an issue.

Last edited: 22 Sep 2008
  2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

spam reported