1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Thunderbird 2 is go

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 20 Apr 2007.

1. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

The answer would be no.

2. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

I got it working today, looks and feels great and its easy to use too!

3. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Looked at thunderbird once, but could never get it running with a http hotmail account, so never used it really

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Thunderbird (and Outlook Express) combines email facilities with full newsgroup access, something Outlook, for all its bloat, is missing and I don't think gmail, etc, has. And for the really hard questions you can't beat newsgroups, there's one for everything. :rock:

5. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Is it possible to use MS Exchange with Thunderbird? I shouldn't think it would be, but that would be the clincher for me, as our school uses Exchange...

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm pretty sure you can -- most of our email is run off Exchange, but I then have my mail filtered through Spamcop before I download it (I hate having to download needless email, especially via GPRS where you're paying per KB). I run Thunderbird quite religiously... the only thing I use Outlook for is backing up my contacts on my Windows Mobile smart phone.

Thunderbird 2 looks alright although it feels like the default text size is bigger than it was in Thunderbird 1.5, as I've got a scroll bar down the side on my ThinkPad X60s now.

Tags: Add Tags