1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics ti4200 problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gushy, 16 Jul 2003.

1. Gushy

Gushy Minimodder

Hi guys,

I've got a 128Mb GF4 Ti4200 that I bought in January/Februatry this year.

Recently I've started noticing a problem, the display of my two monitors (two 17" CRTs in 1024x786 @ 85hz) start getting moving horizontal stripes just like they would if the refresh rate was really low.

Checking the status of the monitors on their OSD shows that they are still in 85hz.

Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it? Does it mean my cards on it's way out?

Although this happens randomly, I've noticed that running any opengl or directx progs tends to kick it off, for instance games. It's fine when running the game, but when back at the desktop the stripes are there and moving. :(

Oh and it does this under both windows and linux.

2. Lucifer

Lucifer What's a Dremel?

you have the monitors right next to each other don't you? they're interfering with each other. move them slightly apart, or set the refresh rate slightly lower on one.

3. Gushy

Gushy Minimodder

oh ok, well I'll give it a go. How far apart do you think they should be?

I used to run two monitors off a two different cards with the monitors next to each other and never had a problem.

4. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

i got my monitors about an inch apart and both are running different Refresh rates 75 and 85 i think

5. Gushy

Gushy Minimodder

well it's not a monitor problem, or a refresh rate problem. it's a heat problem; the fan on the card has stopped working so it's relying solely on it's heatsink.

Time to send it back ....... :(

Tags: